05

I walked around the hotel looking for Bobby. I needed to tell him what was going on this month. I also wanted to tell him that Kevin Owens had shown up early.

"Dad, why is it a big deal that I'm not married?" I heard Bobby yell from down the hall.

"Son, you need a woman to help you through everything, I love your mother with all my heart, and we even had you before we were thirty!"

"Oh, so you're saying that because I'm turning thirty in a month that I need a wife?"

"No, not exactly. I just think you should try dating."

I heard Bobby sigh. I knew he didn't want to be settled down just yet. Hell, I didn't even want to be settled down yet. I also didn't know he was turning thirty. He looked great.

"Look, there is this one girl, but I don't know how to approach her, but I'll figure it out."

I heard Sebastian walk away, leaving Bobby outside his hotel room. I was debating if I should even go and talk to him. I didn't want to ruin his plan with the girl he liked.

But I needed to tell him about Kevin.

"Bobby?"

He turned around, startled and I felt bad for sneaking up on him. "Oh, Charlotte, you scared me."

"Sorry, look, I'm afraid that I have bad news."

He looked at me with a furrowed brow. I knew that he was thinking it was pertaining to me, but it was about the hotel.

"Are you okay?"

"It's not about me, it's about the hotel."

"What's wrong?"

"The hotel inspector showed up two weeks early. He's here now," I said almost with tears in my eyes.

He automatically hugged me and we sat in the hotel hallway. I just needed someone to tell me it was going to be okay, and not to worry about this whole thing.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," he said as he made me look at him.

"I wish I could believe you," I sniffled.

"Listen, a pretty girl like you shouldn't be crying."

I smiled at his comment, and just stayed there for a minute. I wanted to be with him for a lot longer. I didn't realize how much I liked it, until I was in his arms in this moment.

"You're going to be okay, and you'll make your dad proud," he said as I continued to cry into his chest.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

He made me look at him. "You are one of the best people I know, and I know for a fact that you can do this. I've known you for a long time, and I know that there isn't anything you can't handle."

The smile that had formed earlier hadn't left my face. He really knew what to say, and in this exact moment that's what I needed.

I noticed that our faces were inches apart, and I thought he was going to kiss me, but this wasn't a hallmark movie.

"What a great show! This is exactly what a three-star hotel would do, the manager sleeping around with the enemy," Kevin said with his assistant standing behind them.

"Hey, you don't even know what's going on, she was upset, and I was comforting her, just like a friend would!" Bobby said as he stood up to meet him.

"Why are defending her? Aren't you part of the enemy company? You must be a master at mixing business with pleasure."

I saw it in Bobby's face that he wanted to slap Kevin across the face. I got up and stood in front of Bobby. I didn't want him to do anything he'd regret.

"Don't do it in my hotel," I told him with a serious voice.

"Sami Zayn, go get my room changed, I don't want to be on this floor," Kevin said and dismissed him. He then turned towards his other personal assistant, or I was guessing that's who it was. "Jericho, go get my bags and meet me at my new room."

He nodded and then Kevin made his way past us. I was still standing toe-to-toe with Bobby, and I saw that he was still angry. I wished he hadn't gotten in Kevin's face like that. This was really going to affect the hotel.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked, tears almost filling my eyes again.

"Because I didn't like the way he was speaking to you or about you," he said. "You have to have some leadership Charlotte."

"I know, I'm still new at this whole managing thing."

"All I can say is, I hope you figure it out, because I don't want people going around saying what he's saying. I can't afford to break my reputation, so stop acting like a child, and fix your problems," he said as he turned on his heel. "Next time, I'm not sticking up for you."

"Bobby, wait, I-" I went after him, but he turned around and looked me in the eye.

"I don't want to hear it. Grow up."

I stormed my way back to the elevator, and crossed my arms. I just wanted to go to my room and cry.

How did he go from being so nice to me to hating me?

|||||||||||||||||||

Uh oh, some drama!! What did you guys think?