07

Hospitals.

I actually hated them. They smelled like bleach, and I hated seeing all the sick and miserable people here. Some of them, you know that they will get out, others, not so lucky.

Bobby and I walked up to the front desk, and I asked the receptionist if I could visit my dad. Technically, she had to say yes, it was visiting hours.

"Ah, yes, Ric Flair is available to see now," she said as she slid her glasses up on her nose.

I nodded and then she told us the room number. I thought I would remember, but for some reason, I hadn't.

Bobby and I took the elevator until we reached floor 6, where most cardiovascular patients were being kept.

"Do you like hospitals?" I blurted out.

He sighed. "They're definitely not glorious."

I smiled and chuckled at his comment. It was like he always knew what to say at the right moment. "I've never liked them, either."

We arrived on the floor, and Bobby stepped out first, and then I followed. It was all coming back to me now, the whole floor and where my dad was being taken care of.

"Now, before we go in, do you need me to do anything for you?" Bobby asked as he looked me directly in they eyes.

"No, but thank you for the offer."

"After you then."

I walked in the room to find golf on the TV. Dad always liked golf, and of course wrestling. Those were the two things that fascinated him the most.

"Dad?" I whispered, trying not to startle him.

He looked over at me and then motioned for me to come to him. I ran to him, as if I hadn't seen him in years.

"Hi sweetheart," he said as I hugged him. "Hunter and Randy have been keeping me updated."

"Dad, it's a mess. The staff is slacking, the hotel inspector showed up two weeks early, and Sebastian Roode is back."

He nodded his head. "Nothing the Flair's can't handle, woo!"

I laughed and then he noticed Bobby standing in the doorway. I wasn't sure why Bobby even wanted to come anyway.

"Well, if it isn't Bobby Roode," my dad said as he looked at him.

"Hello, sir."

"For heavens sake, don't call me sir, you can call me Ric."

Bobby let out a small laugh and then my dad motioned for him to come in and close the door behind him.

I sat down on the end of the hosptial bed, and then Bobby sat in the chair next to the bed.

"So, how have you been feeling?" I asked.

"Better, but I'm still not one hundred percent yet."

I nodded and then looked at Bobby, signaling for him to say something, but he didn't open his mouth. However, he did eventually.

"Ric, I just want you to know that my father is a terrible person, and I'm not like him at all," Bobby said and my dad just smiled.

"I know, if you were anything like your dad, you wouldn't be here."

"Just know that he's a monster."

Ric nodded. "I've always known that. Even when we were business partners."

We both nodded, knowing how evil Sebastian Roode had been over the past couple of weeks.

"Charlotte, could you go get me some water?"

"Sure, dad."

I walked out of the hotel room and walked down to the cafeteria. I forgot how awful hospital food was, it tasted just like school cafeteria food.

Okay, maybe it was slightly better.

I opened the case of waters and took one out. I knew the water was free, so I didn't have to pay. Most patients got things for free anyway.

"Charlotte?"

I turned my attention towards who said my name. I knew that I knew the voice, as I had heard it before.

When I turned around, I saw someone who I'd never thought I see again.

"Nikki?"

She nodded and then gave me a hug. "How have you been?"

I sighed. "I'be been better, how about you?"

"Amazing! The Bahamas are so warm and I love the hotel that I work at down there."

"Are you and John married yet?"

She looked down at her hand, which I noticed still had a ring on it, so I knew that they hadn't broken up.

"No, he just keeps saying that he's not ready." 

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I forgot how much I love Vegas," she said as we sat down.

"Why are you back?"

She smiled and then grabbed her coffee cup she had brought down with her. "My sister just gave birth."

"That's great! I'm so happy for the two of you."

She nodded and then we continued to chat and catch up. I missed Nikki working at my hotel, she was an incredible asset to the team.

"So, who runs the hotel in the Bahamas?"

She pursed her lips together, as if she didn't want to tell me. She took a deep breath and then exhaled slowly.

"I work for Glorious Enterprises."

I dropped my head. "Yeah, Sebastian's back in Vegas."

"Oh, I don't like him. His son was running the hotel down there for a year, and if I wasn't engaged, I would've leaped at that cutie."

"Yeah, he's back too. My hotel is on a decline. The staff isn't as great, and the hotel inspector showed up early-"

"Do you need more staff?" Nikki asked me as we stood up.

"I'm on the hunt for some more, yes."

She turned on her heel. "I'm in Vegas for the next two months, I can work there until this whole mess blows over."

I smiled and then hugged her. "Thank you so much!"

"Of course! If I'm being honest, I miss the hotel a lot."

We parted ways, and I walked back up to my dad's room. I had just found one more staff member.

||||||||||||||||||||

NIKKI IS BACK!!! So, Charlotte is getting herself back on track, but what about Bobby?

What did you guys think?

VOTE COMMENT SHARE