08

I walked back up to my dad's hospital room, with a smile radiating on my face. Nikki Bella just agreed to come work for me for the next few months.

"And I just want you to know that I'll never hurt her," I heard Bobby say to my dad.

I pressed my ear to the door and listened to the conversation that my dad and Bobby were having.

I never liked to eavesdrop, but this sounded important.

"I like you a lot Bobby. And I need you to promise me one thing,"

There was a pause and I was wondering what my dad was going to say to him.

"If I don't make it out of here-"

"Ric, you will."

"Let me finish," my dad said sternly. "If I don't make it out of here, I need you to promise me that you'll take care of my daughter. Never let her stress herself out, keep her close, and just please, don't let her go; ever."

I assumed Bobby nodded, because I didn't hear anything else come out of their mouths. I smoothed my clothes and then took a deep breath. I then proceeded to open the door.

The minute the door opened, they both looked at me. I looked at Bobby, who had a smile on my face, and then my dad also gave me a smile.

"Thanks pumpkin," my dad said as he took the water.

"Sure thing. Bobby, can I talk to you outside?" I asked and grabbed his arm.

I took him outside the hallway and he looked at me with confusion.

"What did you need to tell me?" He asked with slight confusion.

"Nothing, just that I found a new staff member!"

"You found a random person in this hospital to come work for you?"

"No, she used to work for me and then went to the Bahamas to work for you, but she's back in town for a few months, so she told me she could come work for me."

He nodded and then went to open the door, but I grabbed his wrist. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"For coming here today, it's been a good time. However, I think it's time to go."

He gave me a reassuring nod, and then we both told my father goodbye. He told us to come back and visit as soon as we could, and of course, we promised.

On the way to the car, I noticed Nikki and gave her a small wave. She winked at me, noticing that Bobby was next to me, and then I rolled my eyes.

Nikki was always thinking romantically.

"When do you need to be back at the hotel?" He asked as he started the car.

"In a few hours, but, I thinking we could go back now."

He nodded and then backed out of the hospital parking lot. I just watched him with awe, it was like everything he did made me smile. He was just an amazing person in my eyes.

But, I could never tell him that.

"Do you want some ice cream?" He looked over at me.

I was shocked and taken back by his statement. His question was very out of the blue. 

"Sure."

He flashed a smile and then pulled into the Dairy Queen drive-thru. All I wanted was a vanilla ice cream cone with sprinkles, just because that was my favorite.

"Really? I feel like I'm in the car with a five year old," Bobby laughed at me as he handed me the cone.

He didn't order anything, which I thought was strange, as he was the one who wanted to come here in the first place. I really appreciated this, everything he was doing for me.

"So, any important meetings today?" He asked as he turned into the hotel parking lot.

I shook my head. "Nope, I'm just going to enjoy the rest of my day off."

He smiled and then we parted ways to the hotel doors. When I walked into the hotel, everything was in order. The staff wasn't slacking as much, and Becky was standing behind the desk, just as she should be.

I didn't know if they were cleaning up their act because the hotel inspector was here, but I didn't care. The point was they were working and that was good enough for me.

"What are you thinking about?" Becky asked me. "And why do you have an ice cream cone?"

"I'm just thinking about how the hotel is going just the way I want it," I started as I ate the rest of my cone.

"Whatever you have to tell yourself, and you never answered me on the whole ice cream cone."

I shrugged my shoulders and then went back up to my room. Today had been a great day, and I liked seeing my dad. He would be out of there soon, and then the hotel can get back on track.

|||||||||||||||||||||||

What did you guys think? Do you think something happened while Charlotte was gone?

Also, Bobby and Charlotte are so cute!!!