THE PARTY

James put on his bow-tie with a grunt, why did he have to wear this suicide rope around his neck! Even his father did not cooperate, why the hell were they soooo stupidly FORMAL?!?!!

He checked his reflection in the mirror for a final time and went outside. The lobby was unusually quiet, he made his way to the staircase. When he was standing on the first step, he looked down, and to his surprise, no one, not even his parents, were downstairs! James thought for a moment before descending the staires, when he was on the final step, there was a loud blast and colourful ringlets fell on him, and from all directions came the chorus of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

James silently kicked himself, how could he forget his own birthday? It was 24th of December, of course it was his birthday!

He looked around to see all of his cousins, uncles and aunts smiling at him, Headmaster Neville was also there, with his family. And then there was Aunt Luna, Lorcan's mom. James ran to meet his three best friends, Alice, Fred and Lorcan, although they had said goodbye only this afternoon but it felt like ages since they last met! The three of them were carrying huge gifts for him, before either of them could say anything, Grandma Molly came bustling in, shooing people out of her way and elevating a tray with her wand, when she put it down, tears came to James' eyes when he saw a huge Quaffle-shaped cake!

"It's not every day you turn seventeen!", Grandma Molly said and gave James a wet kiss on the cheek and James hugged her so tightly as he had never before hugged her.

James turned around to see everyone's gaze at him. "What?", he asked, obviously irritated.

Harry smiled proudly at Ginny and said,"Our little devil is growing up!" James felt adrenaline rushing through him, he ran and gave each of his parents a hug, "Happy Birthday, Darling!", Ginny whispered in his ear. Harry took James by the arm and took him to the center of the hall, hundreds of gifts were there, neatly piled obviously by his Aunt Hermione!

Harry said loudly,"Ladies and Gentlemen, the first Potter of the next generation to turn seventeen!" There was a loud applause. James smiled at everyone, and thought, how would he survive without the presence of even anyone of them? They all meant so much to him! But never before did he realize their importance! They were all his FAMILY, but not his whole family, his whole family could not be completed without Hogwarts, his beautiful home although James also adored the Potter Palace!

After the cake cutting ceremony, the real fun began, there were games, music, drinks and special gifts from Uncle George's shop! In the end, Ginny had arranged for a ball so that the adults could also enjoy! Soon, the hall was filled with slow music, and couples dancing to its rhythm, it was the best party ever!

James went over to sit by the Chocolate Fountain, and watched the others, he never really had a girlfriend, it was way too much hardwork seducing a girl! Yeah, he slept with a new girl every other night, but they did not count as girlfriends, right?

And suddenly, James' eyes fell on Dominique, that enthusiastic girl from his team, she looked so beautiful! How come he never noticed her before? Her long red hair looked perfect with her golden gown, she was a beauty, complete with her dazzling emerald green eyes, that he adored. James fell for the red-head in a heartbeat, and James was not the one to be shy, immediately he made his way to the girl, and the first thing he noticed when he was near enough was that she had a muscular body and James loved girls with muscular bodies! James smiled at her and Dominique smiled back at her cousin, totally unaware of the fact that her respected captain was about to ask her to dance! And it was a big surprise to Dominique when James asked,"May I have this dance?", in the most formal way possible, nevertheless Dominique said Yes.

Soon the two were zooming around on the dance floor, none of them aware of the stares they were getting from the adults.

A few yards away, Fleur was saying excitedly to Harry and Ginny,"Oh my! Look! My ittle Dominique is 'ancing with ames, don't they look so cute together, Arry? Ohhh! I never saw Dominique look so appy!"

And though he did not say it aloud, Harry had also never seen his son look happier, maybe he had found his girl, and Harry also liked Dominique a lot due to her similarity with his mother, those hair and eyes, for a second, he thought that he was back in the past and imagined James and Dominique to be his mom and dad! Harry smiled as he realized that he also had fallen for a red-head!