Commentary

•Daisy•
'Last ball of the over, Wright runs in, slightly wide down off stump, Clark pushes it to cover, no run, there's another maiden for Wright.' I liked commentating Dylan's bowling. I don't know whether it was because he was my fiancé or because I could pay out the bad balls.
'He's bowling very well, some of the best I've seen for a while.' Kate complimented, I smiled and turned back to the screen in front of me.
'Gardener at the crease facing Smith.' She continued.
'It's a full toss, Gardener gets under it and sends it into the stands, a beautiful six from the 27 year old.' I explained feeling a little devastated.
'Right leg spinner Smith comes in.' Kate began.
'And he's got him! Gardener goes for 76 his off stump and the bail has flown into Corfield's face at first slip!' I cheered.
'That brings England's total to 9 for 156 chasing 160 and Wright is back into the attack.' Kate stated. Our excitement was building, with four runs to make, we were sure England would win
'Out comes George Squire, the brother of the lady beside me, I hear he's quite the bowler.' I turned to Kate.
'Yes very much the bowler, been bowling since before he could walk Daise, bowling 140 clicks, he likes to think he's one of the quickest.' Kate chuckled.
'Squire faces his first ball.'
The two of us watched in anticipation as the ball soared down the pitch.
'GOT HIM! A spectacular catch from Dylan Wright claiming England's last wicket! Quite the performance from both sides.' I exclaimed, itching to bolt downstairs to spend tea with Dylan.
'Dot Cook and I will be back after tea with the brilliant Ian Healy to talk about international wicket keeper Day and how he think today will pan out, now down to Mark Taylor for the lunch time entertainment.' Kate informed before the two of us switched off our microphones and sighed. We looked at each other and almost as if we'd read each other's mind, we pushed out of the chairs and raced down to the tea room.
-
'Beautiful bowling drongo.' I smiled up at my 6'4 boy and he stared down at his 5'2 girlfriend.
'Thanks Dot, have you seen the spread? It's unreal!' He exclaimed, pointing to the table full of food in awe.
'It's the simple things isn't it?' I shook my head with a grin from ear to ear.
'Daisy I found him!' Kate called across the room. I dragged Dylan over to where the couple stood. The two looked perfect together, their total opposite complexions reminded me of fire and rain. The burnt, freckled skin of Kate and the pale skin of Lou. The fiery works on the top of Kate's head and the blonde mop on top of Lou's.
'They're quite the pair.' Dylan nodded as we strolled over.
'They said the same about us.' I replied.
Kate grinned; 'Dot, this is my fiancé Louis Stanley.'
I leant forward and shook his hand; 'Daisy Cook.'
Dylan did the same; 'Dylan Wright.'
'Pleasure to meet you both, you bowled very well today.' Louis said referring to Dylan.
'Cheers, probably one of my better games.' Dylan chuckled.
I looked at the three smiles before me and realised how happy we were. Even though we'd only known each other an couple of days and some a couple of minutes, there was an instant spark of connection that lingered behind our eyes that I hadn't seen in a long time.
-
'Welcome back to the second innings of the fourth One Day International here at the Sydney Cricket Ground and what a spectacular day of cricket it has been so far. What do you reckon Dad?' I swivelled in my chair to look at my father. He looked young, like he was a friend instead of my dad. He looked like he could be still playing for the country. At age 38, 17 years older than me, he had already watched two kids he'd coached play for Australia, thats an achievement.
'Yes Dot, it has been a spectacular day for cricket and both teams are showing a lot of promise coming into this innings. Get ready for a great run of cricket.' Dad had a wide grin lodged on his feet, he had finally found his element. Well, the one that wasn't the cricket pitch.
'Kate Squire here with Jack and Daisy Cook, coming to you live as Australia and England battle it out here on this forty three degree day. We seem to have George Squire opening the bowling for England and Cameron Winter and captain Ollie Shields coming to the crease for Australia.' I saw the pride fall over the face of my new friend at the realisation that her brother was opening.

We spent the evening chatting to people all over the world. Laughing in awe at amazing strokes played by the Australians and the brilliant bowling from England.
'Australia are 6 for 209, 6 runs to win can Dylan Wright not only get Australia over the line, can he bring up a very stylish hundred?' Kate giggled, she'd already accepted that England had more than lost this game so she was bringing a little bit of light to her country.
I was on the edge of my seat, my lips were pursed and my eyebrows furrowed as I watched in anticipation.
'George Squire powers in,' Dad said, the whole crowd fell silent.
'WRIGHT GETS UNDER IT AND SENDS IT OVER THE STANDS FOR 6! WHAT A WAY TO WIN THE GAME AND BRING UP HIS HUNDRED?! Take your helmet off Lefty, be proud!' I announced with so much enthusiasm I retreated to yelling. The pride was overflowing as I dropped my mic and bolted down stairs.
Pushing past the security guard, I flew through the gate and took my fiancé in my arms.
'It's alright mate, she just loves me.' Dylan laughed heartily, the spine of his bat trailing down the spine of my back as we embraced.
'You never cease to amaze me.' I whisper in his ear. He smiled and pressed his chapped, sunburnt lips against mine.