Goodbye George

•KATE•
- May 2013 -

"Kate you're brother just took his eighth wicket!" Scarlett's eyes are wide as the girls surrounded the TV.

"8?! He's doing better than I expected." I state, pushing the the front of the crowd.

"What do you mean? He's been on fire all day!" Clara says, excitedly.

"He was a little off this morning, he said he was nervous but also hungover so, I don't know maybe those two combine makes a good game of cricket." I chuckle.

"It must do," Marilyn says sipping at her beer.

England are playing India, at Lords, us girls have propped ourselves up inside the change rooms with board games and beer to keep us occupied. The game is nearly over, and the boys will be in soon.

"How Long do you think we'll be waiting?" Rosie asks through a yawn.

"Shouldn't be long now, how's another game of snakes and ladders?" I question.

The girls groan, the 19 games of snakes and ladders has worn them out.

"How about we set up the karaoke machine?" Clara suggests.

"Good idea! My voice is ready to pump out any Aerosmith or AC/DC that you throw at me!" I grin.

"You're a nutter." Clara laughs pulling out the microphones.

-

"Some will win!" I sing.

"Some will lose!" George continues.

"Some are born to sing the blues! And oh the movie never ends, it goes on and on and on and on! Street lights, people, walking down the boulevard, their shadows searching in the night! Streetlights, people, living just to find emotion theyre hiding somewhere in the NIGHT!" We bellow together.

"DONT STOP BELIEVING!" I belt into the microphone.

"HOLD ON TO THAT FEELING!" George sings even louder.

"STREET LIGHTS! PEOPLE!" We scream.

"DONT STOP!" We gasp for air as our mates clap and whistle at our performances.

"Thankyou Thankyou very much!" George and I bow to our crowd.

"Alright, out everyone, time for me to lock up, there are eight taxis outside for you all to catch a ride, be safe and I'll see you all soon!" George waves and everyone slowly makes their way outside, their cricket gear still sprawled across the floor.

"C'mon Katie, let's get you home." Lou kisses my lips.

"You look after her Louis, there's a baby in her tummy." George presses his hand against my stomach.

"Yes George, and it's mine." Lou grins.

"My little sister's all grown up." George pulls me into a hug.

"Stay safe Kate, I love you so much." He whispers.

"I love you more George." I reply as Lou takes my hand.