Chapter 4 (Edited)

I grabbed Lizzie's hand and walked to the office where I knew that Harrison would be. I was still rather pissed at him, but I tried to make sure that she wouldn't know. I didn't want her to worry about me, even though I had to admit, it would be nice to be worried about.

Lizzie squeezed my hand and looked up at me. She had this knowing look in her eyes as if she knew what I was going to do. "Are you sure that you want to talk to my daddy all mad like?" she asked, cocking her head.

"Do you mind coming in with me?" I asked. "Just to make sure that I do not lose my temper?"

Lizzie hesitated but nodded her head. "You don't have to force him to spend time with me," she whispered, her face sullen. "Daddy and Mommy won't change."

"Nonsense," I said, shaking my head. "They will change their behaviors and let you be with Adler. You only want to be the best big sister, right?"

She nodded her head. "Right," she replied. She yawned, and I could tell that she was tired. "Can you pick me up?" she asked, innocently, her eyes filled hope.

I smiled and nodded before picking her up. I laid my head on hers for a bit and took in her scent, calming myself and my Wolf down.

Lizzie lifted her head from my shoulder and narrowed her eyes at me. "Did you just sniff my hair?" she asked, causing me to narrow my eyes at her.

"And what if I did?" I asked. "What are you going to do about it?"

She shrugged her head before laying it back on my shoulder. "Sleep," she replied, causing me to chuckle.

"Get some rest," I said, kissing her head. "You'll have to come with me still, but you can sleep during the meeting."

"Ok," she said her breathing becoming even. "If you need me to say anything, just wake me up."

"I will," I promised. I took a deep breath and stared at the door to my office. I could tell that Harrison was in there, and I hoped that he would listen to what I have to say. I hated seeing Lizzie so upset.

***

Harrison was in the office like I had asked him to. He looked like shit, and I could tell that he was really stressed. "Beta Axel," he said, standing and bowing his head in greeting.

"Warrior Harrison," I said, nodding my head in respect. "Please, sit."

Harrison nodded his head and sat back down. He watched as I sat down with Lizzie in my lap. "Is there something wrong, Beta?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "I know that having a three-month-old son is hard," I said. I held my hand, stopping him from talking. "My mother had nine other children after me, which I am sure that you are aware of."

He nodded his head, staying silent. Annoyance filled his eyes, and I could tell that he was pissed at me because I had taken him away from his mate to talk to him about raising his child.

"However, that doesn't mean you can abandon your little girl."

"I-"

"Did you know that she was in the principal's office today?" I asked, interrupting him.

Harrison frowned and narrowed his eyes at his daughter. "No, I was not aware of that," he said. "They didn't call me."

"They did," I replied. "You just didn't answer. Lizzie said that she had tried to get them to call me, but the principal didn't."

"Why not?" Harrison asked. "And, do you know what she did to be called to the principal's office?"

"She punched a kid because he lifted her skirt to show off her Spiderman underwear," I replied, causing him to snort.

Harrison sighed and moved a hand across his face.

"Why don't you let her help?" I asked.

"She's too young to help," he replied. "What can she do?"

"Watch over the Pup while you and your mate rest," I replied. "I helped out with my siblings when I was her age. It helped me learn responsibility and will help me become a good father."

Harrison held back a snort and pursed his lips. He looked at his little girl, and I could see the fondness in his eyes. "Do you... mind helping out with my son as well, Beta?" he asked. "I would like to make it up to my daughter."

I smiled and nodded my head. "I would be happy to help," I said. "And, if need be, my mother has raised nine kids. I don't think she will mind helping raise one more if need be."

Harrison nodded his head and stood. He glanced at my mate in my arms before looking at me. "Shall I put her to bed?" he asked.

I shook my head when I felt her tighten her grip on me. "I do not think that she will let you do that," I said, causing him to nod his head.

"Can you tell her that I am sorry for putting her on the backburner when Adler was born?"

I nodded my head. "Of course," I said, causing him to nod his head. "I am taking her to meet my family tonight," I said.

Harrison nodded his head. "Tell her that I said have fun. I will make it up to her tomorrow."

"No movies and no sleeping through whatever you have planned," I warned. "I do not like seeing her so upset."

Harrison nodded his head before bowing. "Beta," he said and with that, he left.