Chapter 6 (Edited)

Lizzie walked into my office, and I could tell that she was tired. She laid down on the couch that was in the room and sighed with relief. "I am hiding, so shush." She closed her eyes and placed an arm across her face.

I shook my head at the now six-year-old, amused. "Is your brother still following you around?"

It had been a year since I found my mate, and I had been falling more and more in love with her. Not that much has changed except that I was now eighteen, and her brother just turned a year.

"Yes," she said. "He wouldn't let me sleep. He kept coming into my bedroom and trying to get me to play with him."

I chuckled. "Are you sure that you don't want to sleep in my bed?" I asked.

"Yes, I am sure." She paused. "Hey, Axel?" she asked, opening one eye to look at me.

"Hmmm?" I asked, looking up from my work. "What is it?"

"Are you my mate?" she asked.

I tried to keep my breathing and heartbeat even. I was shocked that she would ask such a thing, but I knew that I shouldn't be surprised. She was of Nosac blood after all. "Why do you ask that?" I asked my pitch a bit higher than normal. I cleared my throat. "Why do you ask that?" I asked, again, my pitch normal.

My mate sat up, her eyes searching mine for any clue that she was right or not. "You hang out with me more than anyone else except for Parker."

"So?" I asked. "What if I want to hang out with you?"

"I'm six, and you are eighteen. There is a twelve year age gap between us."

"And..?"

"And, you should be out partying and kissing girls every night. You shouldn't be hanging out with me." There was a hint of bitterness in her voice, and I could tell that she didn't like the idea of me hanging out with other girls.

"But, I want to hang out with you," I replied. "You are cooler than the other girls. All they want is my title and sex."

Lizzie rolled her eyes and crossed her legs. She was still tired, I could tell, but she wanted answers. She wanted answers that I had to wait to give. "But, are you my mate?" she asked. "I know that the Nosac bloodline can find their mates at a young age." She folded her arms and looked at her feet, scowling. "And, I get jealous when females hang all over you."

I felt my heart soften because I understood what she meant. I was jealous when guys, of all ages, hung around her and make her smile that caused her face to glow with happiness. I wasn't the only that thought that she was beautiful.

She had that personality that could make anyone happy, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was because of her power to heal. She could heal a broken heart and make someone feel better about themselves. Her smile was contagious, and I knew that people looked at her when she walks into the room.

"Hey," I said, walking over to her. I lifted her chin so that she would stare at me, the spark between us dull but still there. "Don't worry about the mate thing, not until you are sixteen," I said, softly. "Even if we are mates, we can't do anything."

"Why not?" she asked, her bottom lip quivering.

"Your father would kill me," I replied, poking her nose. I hated seeing her cry. "And, i would like to live."

Lizzie scrunched up her nose and scowled. "But, do you accept me, even if I am younger than you?"

I smiled and nodded my head. "If you were my mate, then yes, I would accept you," I said, kissing her forehead. "I wouldn't care what age you are. The Moon Goddess had given you to me to love and hold." I pulled her onto my lap, causing her to gasp out before laughing. "Get some sleep," I whispered, laying down with her in my arms.

Lizzie nodded her head. She curled up on my chest, and her breathing became even. Her whole body was relaxed, her scent causing me to relax as well.

"Goddess, I do accept you as my mate. I don't care if you are younger than me. You are beautiful. Every part of you." I kissed her forehead and rubbed her arm before falling asleep.

***

"I have a track meet tomorrow," Lizzie said from where she was laying on the floor in the office. "Are you two coming?" She had a bowl of ice cream at her side and was eating it while she was doing homework.

"Can't," Parker said from his desk. He looked down at her and smiled before going back to his work. "I have a meeting with Alpha Rener tomorrow during the meet."

"Sorry, Liz," I said, looking down at her. "I can't make it either.I'll have to be at the meeting, too."

Lizzie shrugged her shoulder, but she didn't say a word. She wasn't that disappointed, and I could tell that she knew that the meeting could be important. She, also, knew that we would make it up to her because we didn't like to see her upset.

"No, you are going to the meet with your "best friend"," Parker said, looking at me. He smirked. "Someone needs to cheer the loudest."

"Ya, and that would be Papa," Lizzie replied. She stuffed some of the ice cream in her mouth and looked at us. "I don't mind it if he doesn't come. He is the Beta, and he should be at the meeting."

"And, can't he make the decision himself?" I asked, causing them both to stare at me.

"No," they said in unison, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because your choosing skills are weak," Lizzie said, smiling at me.

"Fine, then I am going to the meeting tomorrow," I said. 'I am allowed to go, right?' I asked, causing Parker to throw a pen at me. 'Ow, Dude.'

'Don't be such a wimp,' Parker said. 'But, ya. The meeting isn't that important. Rener's Beta isn't even coming.'

"Ok," Lizzie said. She finished her ice cream, a look of pure bliss on her face. "More desserts for me."

"Does your father know that you are eating ice cream?" I asked, causing her to nod her head.

"He just linked me and told me that I had practice in a couple of hours." She looked at her bowl, and I could tell that she wanted more. "It was so worth it."