Chapter 13- Axel's POV

I followed Lizzie out of the room, confused out of my mind. I thought that she would be happy that I was back and not ignore me like she had been.

Guilt gnawed at my body because I had a feeling that it was because I hadn't written to her. I knew that I should have told her what was happening, but I couldn't. Her father had told me that it wasn't safe, not safe for her nor for the children that I had taken under my wing, so I stopped writing.

I had wanted to. Goddess, I had wanted to write to her and tell her everything that had happened to me. I wanted to tell her about how I had gotten the kids and having them call me their dad.

Lizzie walked into her room, keeping the door open. She walked to her closet and started to pull out box after box and setting them on her bed. After she pulled three boxes out from her closet, she went to her desk and picked up a piece of paper.

I watched as she read it, pursing her lips in the process. I was curious what these boxes meant but with a heavy heart, I had a feeling that I knew.

These boxes were filled with letters, filled with letters that she had never sent to me. These letters told me everything that had happened to her, and I was feeling guilty because I had not written anything for her, except for the letters that I had written before I had stopped.

Lizzie tossed the letter on top of the boxes and looked at me, her eyes filled with tears. She didn't say a word about them but turned around and walked into the bathroom.

She closed the door shut before turning on the faucet to take a shower, leaving me standing in the spot that she had left me in.

Hesitantly, I walked over to the bed where the boxes were and picked up the letter that she had placed on them. I took a deep breath and breathed in her sweet scent before starting to read what she had written.

Axel, the letter began,

Today is my sixteenth birthday, and I am wondering if you will ever come back. I have no idea if you know this, but I knew that you were my mate. I knew that you were my mate since I was a young girl, and I hated that you never did claim me as yours.

I understand why you didn't, but it still hurts. It made me feel as if you didn't want me, and when you stopped writing to me, I couldn't stop the doubt that you didn't want me.

I wouldn't have known if you were alive or not if I hadn't kept calling my father to make sure that you were alive and well. He told me that you were but said nothing else. He kept changing the subject, no matter how much I wanted to talk about you.

One thing that I should mention is that I would have known if you were alive or not. I would have known by the fact that six crows would appear on my back, marking me as someone without a mate. If that happened, then... the world as we know it could end.

Why could it end?

It's because I don't know what I would have done without you. I would have tried to survive, but I don't know if I would have been able to. You are someone that I have looked up to since you had come into the kitchen and caught me making a mess while trying to make cookies.

I think that this will my last letter today. I don't want it to be, but if I don't hear back from you... I want to be able to move on and do something. I have written to you for two years, telling you everything that had happened to me. However, I have no idea if you will read them.

If you are reading this and are near me, then know that I do still want to be mates with you. I am just being salty and bitter because it felt as if you had forgotten about me.

If you ever do come back to me, I hope that you will apologize and know that you are in big trouble. I want to see if you will make it up to me. I want to see what you will do and hope that you will still accept me, even if I might be bitchy.

Know that I do accept you.

With Love,

Lizzie