Chapter 10- Lizzie's POV (Edited)

Axel had broken his promise. Well, not completely, but he still did in end.

The first six months, he had written every day. He had told me what he had been doing and asking how things were with school and how the little ones were. However, the letters stopped coming every day with no explanation.

They started to come every Friday, and I would get excited for them. He still asked how school was, but there was something different about them. They had been shorter than the last ones, and I didn't know if it was because he had been busy or not.

After that, they came about once a month. The letters were short as well, and they didn't really say much. They seemed like generic letters, always asking about how school was and nothing else.

And then, no letters came. There were no letters asking about how my day was or if I had made any new friends. There were no birthday cards, telling me happy birthday and hoping that I was having a great day. Nothing.

I had been writing to him every day during that time. I had told him how my day was and how Parker was stupid and he needed to save me from him. I had written about making new friends and about my siblings.

I made sure that he knew that I still wanted him to be a part of my life, but that didn't make anything better. To me, it made everything seem worse.

So, after my fourteenth birthday, and receiving nothing from him, I had stopped sending him letters. I still wrote to him every day talking about my day, but I never sent them. I didn't really understand why I was still writing those stupid letters, but it felt... nice. It felt like I had something to do, even if the man that I cared about wouldn't receive them.

And, that was what had happened for two years. I was now sixteen years old, and not a lot has changed.

I still hung out with Parker in his office, but I had been doing it a little less because my dad had me start training with the Warriors as well as private lessons with some guy that had just moved into the pack.

This male, who I despised, was also from an old bloodline. He used to say that his bloodline was the greatest before I knocked his ass out and called my dad.

My father just said for me to deal with it, and he would be back soon. He had, also, told me to start training my younger siblings.

I had sighed loudly and agreed, helping Adler control his fire powers and not combust out of anger.

And, I was still waiting for Axel to send me a letter, telling me what had happened and why he had gone cold turkey and ask if I forgive him.

Would I? Probably, but I'd let him suffer a bit more like I had been suffering.

I did gain two new friends during that time. I hung out with them just as much I hung out with Parker and his mate.

And right now, I was running away from my two really good friends as we tried to see who was the fastest. And of course, I was winning, but they were kind of close behind because I couldn't use my full speed.

"Come on, Lazy Bums," I called out them. I looked over my shoulder to see them already panting and a bit behind.

"I can't keep up, Hailey, you need to win for us," my friend, Chris, said, still running. "And tell my mate that I love him. I think I am going to die."

I rolled at my overly dramatic friend. "Tell him that yourself," I said. "We're close to the pack house." I grunted when I ran into a wall and looked up to see Parker staring down at me. "Hiya, Parker," I said, smiling up at him.

"Lizzie," he said. He raised an eyebrow and let go of me. "Aren't you supposed to be training right now?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "I don't know," I replied. "Probably, but Cage is busy with something else."

"Can't you train by yourself?" he asked, smirking.

I wrinkled my nose. "Technically, I am training," I said, nodding to Hailey and Chris as they collapsed at our feet. "They are just slow."

"Am not," Chris said, panting. "You are just too fast. Why aren't you panting so bad?"

"Because I don't need to," I replied. I shook my head, letting Parker know that I didn't run really fast. "Anyway, why are you here? I thought Clara had put you on kitchen duty to make sure that I keep out."

"She did," Parker replied. "But, something else came up." He shifted on his feet and looked at me hesitantly. "Your father is back for good."

I paused and looked at him with wide eyes. My heart pounded in my throat, and I had a feeling that he was back as well. "Is he..?"

Parker hesitated but nodded his head. "He is," he confirmed. "Axel is back."

I didn't hear anything else that he had to say as I ran towards the packhouse. Tears pricked my eyes because I was happy and mad that he was back.

I was happy that I had my best friend back, but I was mad that he didn't tell me. I wanted to know what was so important that he couldn't contact me and prayed to the Goddess that it was nothing bad.