Chapter 8 (Edited)

A/N: Yessssss I finished this chapter. Anyways, if you all want me to update again, then just tell me 'update'. I am trying to work on one book at a time. So... ya.

Here is the chapter.

Thanks

~Rissa

___________________________________________________________________________

Lizzie was turning twelve in two days, and I couldn't help but be excited and scared. She was such an independent female that it was making my wolf want me to claim her as my own.

I had been growling and glaring at the men around her because of my wolf, and I had no idea how I was supposed to wait four more years until I could claim her as my own. I had a feeling that some men knew that Lizzie was my mate because they helped keep a watchful eye over her.

I could barely concentrate on my work, and I knew that it was causing both Harrison and Parker to start to worry. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed, leaning back in my seat. I wasn't able to concentrate on my work because my wolf was pacing in my brain getting antsy.

'We need to mark her,' Maxwell said with a growl. 'She needs to be marked as ours.'

I groaned and shook my head. 'She is too young,' I said, tiredly. I moved my hands across my face and sighed. 'Harrison will kill us.'

Maxwell snarled and bristled. 'We are the Beta. We will be able to handle him,' he growled out. 'Mate is too independent. Men are looking at her as if she is a prize.'

'He is of Nozac blood. He will be able to handle us, and you know it.'

"Axel?" someone asked, breaking the battle I was having with my Wolf. "Axel!" the voice held power and was commanding, causing me to open my eyes. Harrison stared at me with a frown on his face. Concern filled his eyes as he studied me, and I had a feeling that he knew.

"Huh?" I asked, furrowing my brows. I blinked and pushed my wolf back, so I could focus on this older male. I wanted to ask him if it would always be this hard, trying to hold back my wolf, but I didn't know how. "What is it?"

"Are you alright?" Harrison asked, leaning closer to me. He gave me a pointed look, warning me that it would be better if I told the truth.

I sighed and shook my head, no. "My wolf... he is wanting to mark Lizzie and claim her as his own. He's... getting harder to control."

Harrison leaned back and nodded his head. He had a grave look on his face, and I had a feeling that he knew what I had been feeling. "And, you want to wait until she is sixteen." It was a statement not a question, but I nodded my head anyway.

"She needs to figure out that I am her mate on her own," I said. I frowned, thinking back to what she had told me when she six-years-old. "Or does she know?"

"She knows," Harrison confirmed. "She's a Nosac. However, I would like it if you did wait until she has her Wolf."

I sighed and moved a hand through my hair. I nodded my head, knowing that he wanted me to wait until she was sixteen. "I will, but it is getting tough to control my Wolf. He wants to mark her."

Harrison nodded his head. "I know how you feel," he said. "I was the same way with Eliza when we were around twelve." He moved a hand through his hair and sighed, shaking his head. "I had to leave the pack we were in because I was about to kill some of the other men."

"But... you didn't have your Wolf, though," I said, furrowing my brows. I was confused as to how he could have killed someone that was bigger than him, stronger than him.

"It doesn't matter," he replied. "I am from an old bloodline. We are fighters, warriors. We train at a young age and are far stronger than other Wolves. Lizzie is strong, too, and I am sure that you already knew that." He gave me a pointed look causing me to nod.

"So... what am I supposed to do?" I asked. "I- I can't stay here. I can't mark her until she is sixteen, but my Wolf is going to force me to do it one of these days. He doesn't care that you are her father and that we need to wait."

Harrison nodded his head. "Parker is wanting me to help out with a different pack now that Wyatt is back. I was wondering if you would want to help."

I frowned, not liking the thought of being away from my mate for so long. "How long?" I asked.

"It depends on how long you need to stay," he replied. "I do not know how long they will need us to stay. It could be six months, or it could be four years. It depends on their work ethic and how they behave."

I took a deep breath and sighed, moving a hand through my hair. I had a feeling that he could help me with my Wolf and control the urges of trying to mark her. "I need to think about it," I said. "When are you leaving?"

"Next week," he replied. "I want to make sure that my mate is ok with it and stay for my daughter's birthday."

I hesitated but nodded. "I will think about it and get back to you soon."

Harrison nodded his head. He bowed his head and left, leaving me to my thoughts.

I groaned, moving a hand through my hair. "Goddess, help me please," I said. "I have no idea what to do."