Hearts upon our sleeves

This is not exactly an imagine, it's just a little something I wrote when I first heard 'Hearts upon our sleeves' 💕
I hope you enjoy :)
-M
_____

Overall, despite their country loosing, everyone had come together, singing each others national anthems, joining together as one, becoming united. The fans had watched the players represent their countries, despite the tension it had brought. Every one cheered, sang and cried all because of one event that happens every 4 years.... Grandparents will remember being a child, running around, pretending to be a international football player, bringing joy to one another, laughing and joking, as no matter how old they get or have gotten they still remember what it was like. They are still wearing the same shirts as their fathers- the football shirts that are now proudly worn- while watching their country with such passion, while also wearing their hearts upon their sleeves...

"I remember sitting down with the boys and Scott to write that," He breathed, looking deeply into your eyes, remembering all the great times you had spent together.
"I never thought they'd actually use it...." Pride was all that consumed you, as you both enjoyed listening to something so meaningful that had been written by just 5 friends...