Only If - Calum Hood

//Sometimes words can get in the way of our thoughts.

______

"How could you do this to me Y/N? How could you throw our relationship away after all we've been through?"
Calum was stood in his living room, completely broken. His face was flushed and stained with tears, while his whole body trembled.

Earlier today you had received multiple texts from Calum. You were confused to say the least. He was questioning you on your whereabouts last week. Calum was not like this, so you became growingly concerned as the texts flooded in. However, that was until you saw an article that he had linked you too.
It was entire tabloid dedicated to you supposedly cheating on Calum.

You felt sick. You knew how it seemed, however, the article was taken entirely out of context.
You knew if you didn't get to Calum's apartment soon, his thoughts would get the better of him.

Calum's thoughts were vicious. They would scream insecurity at every chance they got. Seeing Calum so vulnerable broke your heart. He couldn't help the way he got. His mind would enter a void, causing him to shut off completely and when he got like that there was no turning back.

You went to Calum's apartment as quick as you could, however, it was no avail. When you got there he was pacing the living room. His jaw was clenched and his body stiff.

He felt betrayed by the only person he could trust.

It was all a misunderstanding, but you knew he wouldn't listen. Not like this.

"Calum, you need to listen to me. It's not what it looks like."

You were now stood directly infront of him. You weren't going to back down. You needed him to hear what you were going to say. The truth.

"No. Y/N, I'm done. You just couldn't keep your hands to yourself could you? You had to go and cheat on me."
Taking a step back, you gasped. You were shocked at Calum's words. Never in a million years would you expect Calum to speak to you this way. He respected you, as you did him.

You just wanted to explain, but had expected this. Of course he wasn't going to listen. He was angry and confused, he needed to let it all out before he could listen.

However, what Calum didn't know was, the person they were speaking of in the tabloid was your brother who you hadn't spoken too in many years; so it hadn't occurred to you to try and contact him, let alone introduce him to Calum.

However, last week you had received a phone call from an unknown number. It was him, shocking you immensely. He spoke of an evil cancer, rotting away in him. He just wanted to see his little sister before his final moments. This killed you on the inside. You couldn't tell Calum. Not yet anyway. You wanted to see him in person before you spoke of it.

Your brother and your family had a very complicated history. At the age of 6 years old you and him were separated. He had left for America with your grandparents due to a family mishaps. But now, after a long 12 years you were to reunite, but not for the reasons you were hoping for.
______

"Y/N? " His voice was hoarse from all the tears he had shed, some how making you feel slightly less distressed inside.

Even though it was slightly scratchy it sounded so familiar. Memories of your distant child hood, were slowly coming back. Why did he have to leave you from such a young age? All the memories you could've created, none existent. This world is harsh place, only if you were to reunite sooner.

____

"You're just another fucking slut!"
That was all it took to snap you out of your trance. It seemed like everything had stopped, frozen in time, making the words harder to process. You were shocked to say the least. He hadn't even given you time to explain. This was low, even for Calum.

And he even knew that.Calum was also stunned at his choice of words. He was just so caught up in the moment, he didn't have time to process what he had said. He was guilty of many things, but calling you such vile names, he never thought would be added to that list.

Only If Calum knew.
____

Edited//16.4.16// (This imagine was probably the hardest to follow, so i've changed it to make sense).