♅Mark: Ash♅

Mark's POV

Humans...

They terrify me.

That may not sound normal coming from me, but it is.

I'm part human, but...I'm also part cat. I'm not sure of what specific breed I am, but I'm a black cat with white paws and light green eyes.

I was born in Vancouver, Canada, with the birth name Mark Lee. But somehow, I ended up all the way in South Korea. I've been here so long that I started speaking Korean more than English.

But anyway, I'm really scared of humans. They abuse "things" like me: hybrids. It sickens me that I'm half human. It makes it worse for me, since I'm forced to live alone as an alley cat. I wish I had an owner, but I'm afraid to go down that path.

If only I could trust them...

One Rainy Afternoon

Don't get me wrong. I love the rain, just not when it's soaking my skin and fur. There's no protection from rain for me, except my cardboard box, but it gets all soggy and wet anyway.

Another problem, I'm hungry. Actually, I'm starving. I can't remember the last time I ate something, but it's probably been weeks.

I wish I had a home... That way, I wouldn't be starving to death or soaking wet in the rain right now. I want someone to love me, and not treat me like a freak...

*I just want to be rid of my suffering...*

I thought as I started to whimper.

"Did you hear that hyung?"

I jumped at the sound of a unfamiliar voice, and hit my head on my box's roof, making me groan from the pain.

"No, but I heard and saw that"

"And is that a tail?"

I quickly pulled my tail towards me to hide it from their view.

It was cold and wet and made me quiver, along with my fear of course. 

"Where? I only see those two legs coming from that box"

I quickly pulled my legs in, even though I've clearly already been noticed.

I heard silence for a while, so I assumed that they were gone. I closed my eyes and I sighed in relief, listening attentively to the rain as it calmed me. I was fine, until I opened my eyes.

"Hi there~"

One of them greeted, and I screamed in fear.

I accidentally jolted up and hit my head on my box's roof again. I whimpered at the sudden pain.

"S-Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you..."

The stranger apologized.

I stayed silent as I rubbed my head where the pain was.