♅Renjun: Aurora♅

Renjun's POV

My name is Huang Renjun. I'm from Jilin, in the People's Republic of China, but I moved all the way to Alaska.

I'm a husky. Huskies aren't really "needed" in China, so I moved to Alaska to become a sled dog. It's a pretty fun job, and I love the snow.

I don't know why, but I love foxes a lot. They're just so cute! They generally like me too, since I don't attack them. My first master understood that.

My master took me in when I was really young. He never treated me wrong in any way, no matter how different I was from other huskies.

Most huskies here are the normal black and white color, but I'm not. I'm a brown and white husky. That may not seem different, but it sure made a big difference.

No human wanted to take me in. They always chose to be masters of the "normal" huskies, so I was always left out. Even other huskies tried to avoid me!

But, then I met my master. He chose me when no one else did. He treated me like I was normal. He didn't see me any differently, not even when he found out about my love for foxes. He didn't even treat me differently when he found out that I was a hybrid either! He treated me like I was his own son, and he gave me a collar with the name "Aurora".

I thought that this was my happy life, but... That all changed for me.

The other masters and their huskies found out.

Flashback

One night, one of them overheard us talking. I guess they got suspicious, since he technically lived by himself.

Suddenly, at least three of them barged in with their huskies. They all saw me, in my human form. After staring at me for a few seconds, they all ran out.

I guess my master knew what they were going to do, because he picked me up and started to run with me.

After a few minutes of running, sirens started going off in our base. I reverted back to my husky form once we got to the sleds. He strapped us on, and we started to sled away.

Soon, we got to some boats in the distance. We stopped, and my master started to unstrap us from the sled. I could hear the other masters and their huskies coming closer.

He put me in one of the boats with some of my favourite foods, and even my favorite fox plushie. But, he didn't get in the boat with me.

He looked behind him, and he quickly started to unstrap the boat from the docks. I looked behind him, and they all had guns.

I saw the leader of our base point his gun at me, and he looked like he was ready to fire. I yelled at my master to look out behind him. When he looked and saw his leader, he quickly turned around and embraced me in a hug.

The sound of a loud bang filled my ears.

He let go of me, and pat me on my head. He was smiling, but also crying. I looked at his chest, and there was blood...

My master wasn't just hugging me, he was protecting me... He saved me...

He kissed my forehead and pushed the boat away from the docks, waving goodbye to me. I could only yell his name, and plead for him not to leave me. He only said one last thing to me, before falling into the icy water: