♅Jaemin & Jeno: Cocoa & Opal♅

Jeno's POV

I'm Lee Jeno, and my "brother" is Na Jaemin. Together, we're best known as the "Mischievous Twins".

We've lived in and out of many animal shelters, because of Jaemin's illness. A few years back, some humans found us behind a dumpster. Our previous owner didn't seem to like hybrids that much.

He kicked us out, but not before trying to kill us. I got out just fine, but Jaemin had a broken back. I carried him for hours, trying to find someone to help us. Soon it started to rain, so I hid us behind a random dumpster in an alley. Jaemin was in so much pain. I wish that I could've done more to help him...

Soon, this very friendly lady found us sitting behind the dumpster, and led me to an animal shelter while I carried Jaemin.

They took care of us ever since that day. Jaemin was eventually healed completely, and back to his old bubbly self. I'm really glad that he's ok now.

Now then, I know that you're wondering why they call us the "Mischievous Twins".

Although we may seem like good kids, we're the best stealers that any of the hybrids here have ever seen. The other hybrids don't really like the food that they're fed at the shelter, so they count on us to steal food from nearby markets. We always get away unnoticed, and full-handed.

Now for the twin part. They call us twins because when we're in our bunny forms, we look almost completely identical. There's only one way to tell us apart. My ears are white, and Jaemin's are a light brown.

I guess the other hybrids only like us because of our stealing skills, but it's not something that we like doing...

A Week After Renjun Was Taken In

The other hybrids keep begging us to get them more food, but we brought enough to least them at least a week yesterday.

"Let's just do it. There's gonna be no end to their begging..."

Jaemin sighed, getting very annoyed by their begging.

"Fine..."

I uncovered our way out of the animal shelter, and warned the other hybrids to cover for us if anyone noticed that we were missing.

"Do we really have to do this...?"

Jaemin asked with a sad look on his face.

"We have to... They'll all be at our throats if we don't..."

I sighed, picking up our hidden duffel bag to put the food in.

So, we made our way to the last market that was open, since all of the rest closed early. We quietly snuck up to the side of one stand. It was a market with many different fruits.

Something gave me the feeling that we were being watched, but I rubbed it off as Jaemin did his dirty work. He picked up bananas, apples, pears, and grapes.