♅The Hybrid And The Summoner♅

Mark's POV

It all happened so fast.

One second, Jisung and I are at the end of the line, with no hope of escaping. And the next second, we're not. I'm grateful that Taeyong saved us, but...

What happened to him?

I could hear the whispers of people around us, along with the smoke that I could see coming from the heated rubber tires, from the driver slamming on the brakes. But all that I could focus on was Taeyong, who was still holding us.

He looked like he was in pain as tears flowed from his eyes. His once brown eyes were now a glowing yellow. His recently dark brown colored hair was now colored in black and white, the left side black, and the right side white.

There were huge wings behind him, each about the wingspan of an albatross. They were striped with black and white feathers on the inside, and were all black on the outside.

He looked over at the others, and then looked at the two guys who were out to get us. They looked as if they didn't know who to go after: us, or the others with Johnny.

They finally chose us.

They almost immediately started coming closer to us. Taeyong backed away until he backed into a wall, and they were still coming at us. He held us closer and tighter, and started running away, but he abruptly stopped, groaning in pain.

"H-Hyung... W-What's w-wrong..??"

Jisung asked, cupping his face with concern.

"I-It hurts..."

He whined.

Does this form, hurt him?

The two goons finally caught up to us, and started dragging Taeyong by his wings, causing him to yell and struggle from the pain. I thought that this was finally it for us, but again, I was wrong.

The one that held Taeyong by his wings let go with a shout of pain. But why? The other one came around to try and take me and Jisung away, but he fell to the ground before he could touch us. But how?

What confused me more was where the arrow that was in his back come from.

I didn't believe it, but its source was Johnny.

I looked over to the direction that the arrow came from, and saw Johnny, bow and arrow in hand. Again, how? He came over to us with the others, and ordered them who to help.

Haechan carried Jisung.

Johnny carried Taeyong, who was now unconscious.

And Renjun and Chenle carried me, and I was on the verge of unconsciousness myself.

Jaemin and Jeno simply followed us, giving encouraging and consoling words.

2 Hours Later

I don't know what happened on the way back, but woke up back at home, in Johnny's bed.