Chapter 2

~Aaliyah's P.O.V.~

"Boo!" I turned around to take a look at the source of this sound and I looked up to see the Greek God standing like a tower in front of me.

"Oh, lord! You almost scared me Nathaniel" I exclaimed.

"Most of the people call me Nathan. You're the only one who calls me by my whole name. Why?"

"Is it a bad thing?"

"I've never heard anyone say my name the way you say it. It sounds just so beautiful when it rolls off your tongue" He said, putting his hands on the sides of my face.

"I think it's too much flirting for today, save the rest for later"

"Oh so you mean we would be meeting later too huh?"

"No, we won't, because actually, I'm only here in this country for some sightseeing and then go back so sorry hon, we won't be seeing each other again"

"Ouch, that hurt. Well, the truth is, I'm here for sightseeing too"

"Wow, that's great! Which hotel are you staying at? I'm staying at HHH."

"I'm staying in my cousin's home. He doesn't live far from the hotel you're staying at"

After having this short dry conversation, dumb Aaliyah was soaring in the sky and smart Aaliyah as making comments about how she didn't want a repeat of the past. When I actually looked at him, I found that dumb Aaliyah wasn't wrong at all! He is totally some Greek God who came to Earth to bless the eyes of girls. He was wearing a pink plaid shirt and khaki pants with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and boy did his bare arms look hot. He stood 6'2" easily and was basically a tower. His hair actually looked soft and silky and I wonder what it would be like running hands through them...

By this point, dumb Aaliyah was on cloud nine. Her fantasies were growing and once again, smart Aaliyah had to advice me on what to do next.

"So how old are you?"

I was so drowned in my own thoughts, fantasizing about him that I didn't realize he asked me something till he waved a hand in front of my eyes.

"Hello!"

"Huh?"

He chuckled and said, "I asked you your age"

"Oh, I'm 16. You?"

"Nineteen. I'm assuming you're in the senior year of high school?"

"Yes of course. And you're in college?"

"Yupp"

"Which one?"

"International Institute of Technology"

"OH MY GOSH. DID YOU JUST SAY IIT?! THAT IS MY DREAM COLLEGE! How does it feel studying there? Isn't it big? Don't you get tired? What stream have you chosen? How many parties are held there? How big are the rooms? Do they have good food? Is there a routine supply of chocolate? Oh um well probably no...."

By now he was laughing and sincerely, his laugh was the sexiest thing ever.

"What are you laughing at?"

"You look cute when you're rambling" I blushed at that and tried to hide it with my hair but he brushed them away. Looking at him surprised, it wasn't a shock when I saw him smirking.

Smart Aaliyah was waiting for the rude comment and -

"I made you blush. Isn't that great? Nathan - 1, Aaliyah- 0" Huh? Where was the arrogant Nathaniel?

"Ya know, it'd be nice if we actually talked some other time, some other place. A hypermarket doesn't sound like a good first date"

"Date? And how do you think you're going to do that when we both live in different parts of the world huh? Wait. You don't even know where I actually live!" I was genuinely curious as to what he was trying to do, even though smart Aaliyah had her doubts, I still wanted to talk to him.

I feel that he has something beyond this bad boy persona. Past that arrogance, he first shows people. Or maybe I'm just inquisitive as to what he is. It was wrong when I first assessed him without even talking to him. Now after talking to him I think he's a better person on the inside. Maybe he's just waiting for the time when he can remove his mask and unleash the person he actually is and show the world his true self. It might seem weird that I'm thinking about him this way after seeing him or talking to him for not more than 10 minutes but he carries an aura with him. But there's just something about him that makes me a bit too interested. And well, they say 'Curiosity killed the cat'.

"There's this new thing, it's called a mobile phone. You can use it when you have this set of digits that we generally use, to call people through this device. You can try it sometime"

"Haha aren't you funny Nathaniel?"

"Very. So since you know about this device, why don't you give me your set of digits?" He said and dragged the 'o' in so.

"I think you should give me yours so that I know which set of digits to ignore"

"Ouch. " Smart Aaliyah felt good after saying this but dumb Aaliyah had to speak because after all, she was drooling all this while.

"Instead, let's make a deal. Every time we meet, I give you one digit of my phone number."

"Sounds legit."

"AALIYAH WHERE WERE YOU? WE HAVE CHECKED UNDER EACH AND EVERY STONE TO FIND YOU HERE? TALKING TO A GUY? Oh, wait, Hello, I'm Scarlett Jones. " My mom said, her demeanor obviously changing after seeing the lovely creation of god standing there.

"Aaliyah honey, we were worried about you. Come on now, we've got to get home. Who is this lovely man that you're talking to? Aren't you going to introduce him to me?"

"Well mom, this is Nathaniel. Nathaniel, this is my mom. Happy? Let's go now."

I never intended on meeting him again (smart Aaliyah's idea) but then this happened-

"Mrs. Jones hello, I was wondering if you could tell me what place you're touring tomorrow? I don't want to miss out on any of the beautiful places out here in this country, this place is really artistic"

"Why yes of course! Tomorrow we actually have not too many plans, just a little shopping. So we'll see you there at the Mall of Emirates around three p.m.?"

We were here in Dubai, for sightseeing, for 12 days. Looks like I'll be seeing too many sights.

"Damn right you will. Bye Mrs. Jones, bye Aalilyah " He said with a wink.

Damn the next 11 days are going to be one hell of a ride.

--------------------------------------------***-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Tell me, how was this chapter? I know that the writing style isn't good, but I'm improving and I promise you, it gets better ;)

Please comment, vote and share if you liked my story!

Have a great day!