Chapter 3

~Aaliyah's P.O.V.~

After meeting the Greek God, my mom couldn't stop gushing about how him and I would look perfect together. Ugh yuck the devil and me? No way. I mean yes okay he was handsome, his lips were plush pink, his smile was breathtaking, his laugh was sexy, his hair were soft, his figure was broad, he was tall, he was....

'What are you doing?' smart Aaliyah asked

'What does it look like huh?'

I swear it wasn't me, it was dumb Aaliyah! 'Whatever. You're not to think more of him okay? He smells so good and inviting, and danger is always welcoming' smart Aaliyah said.

I chose to agree with smart Aaliyah because it was generally her who got me out of troubles. Smart Aaliyah and dumb Aaliyah were like two little copies of me standing on my shoulder, with smart me dressed like a tomboy with glasses and dumb me dressed like the goddess of love. Even though sometimes I feel like throttling them both, when they battle in my head, it's still these two who help me out. Most of the time, they are  the cause of my embarrassment. Like right now. I've been debating on whether or not I should eat the burger. Well it certainly wasn't me who was debating, these two fairies from la-la land were. 

Debating on the burger, these two have eaten my head. Now all I can think of is stuffing their vagina with vegetables. 

Um...ew. No I won't do that.

'Jeez when did you become so dark?'

Ever since you arrived, duh.

'Admit it, you've taken all correct choices thanks to me' Dumb Aaliyah said.

Correct huh? My mood changed from quirky to sad real fast. All of the memories of the past came back rushing to me in the form of a tsunami. Him... him and the way he was himself. The way he drew me in, and the way he kicked me out like I was a spec of dust. The way he carried himself, the way he walked, the way he talked, the way he loved. Ha! If that can even be called love. His voice having that effect on me, his one look, one touch making me go weak in my knees, oh how I loved all of it! Now even thinking about it horrifies me. It scares me so much. The way all of his words used to hit home. Now his words are meaningless. His promises, his love, he himself, has faded into nothingness, but the memories still remain. I can't think of it without tearing up. Although it's been 6 months but I still cannot get a hold of myself whenever I think of him. It's been one and a half year since everything ended and also 6 months since we stopped talking altogether. It still seems difficult.

'I think it's time you stop thinking about it. Or if you do, just take it as another chapter of your life. He's to blame. Not you.' Smart Aaliyah said.

Yes. By now dumb Aaliyah was silent, and secretly sobbing, but I'm not that naïve girl anymore. I'm stronger than I've ever been and my armor is made of steel and noone can get in. Not this time. I will not allow myself to break anymore. It's true that it is a part of me that I can never get back, and I'll never be the same, but there's still no harm in trying to move on. 

'You've moved on from the color pink to black so you can do this too' Dumb Aaliyah said, for once, she said something meaningful.

In these kind of troubles, apart from dumb and smart Aaliyah, music has been my all time companion. I play 'Fight song' by Rachel Platten generally when I'm down. 

Like a small boat

On the ocean

Sending big waves

Into motion

Like how a single word

Can make a heart open

I might only have one match 

But  I can make an explosion

 By this time I have started thinking about how I used to be and what I am now. I used to be Miss Popular. I still am, but not for the same reasons anymore. I used to be a nerd, an athlete, a dancer, basically an all rounder. Now all that I have left, with me, is my personality. I'm not the same Aaliyah I once used to be. I had high aims, big dreams, the potential to make them come true, but now, I have nothing. This song always reminds me of how I used to be. It's been so long since I have changed that it's difficult to remember sometimes. I used to be the one receiving awards in various fields making my parents proud, but now, I'm nothing but a disgrace to the family. One goal. I had one goal. I also had the potential, but now, the goal still remains but the potential is all lost. I have this new me, who is addicted to everything that was once restricted.

And all those things I didn't say

Wrecking balls inside my brain

I will scream them loud tonight

Can you hear my voice?

This time this is my fight song

Take back my life song

I wish I could take back my life.

Prove I'm alright song

I wish I was alright.

My powers turned on

Starting right now I'll be strong

I will be strong. 

I'll play my fight song

And I don't really care if nobody else believes

I will move on, I will fight, I am a warrior, I am strong. Even if people have lost hope in me, I am still me. The one with potential. The one with dreams. The one with the ability to do what she wants to do.

Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me.

I still have a lot of fight left in me.

"Aaliyah get dressed we're going to the mall" My mother screamed from the other room.

"Yes mom"

"Oh and dear, dress well"

'I wonder why' I thought sarcastically as I remembered how Nathaniel was going to be there. Ugh this is going to be an eventful evening.

Skip to the mall ------>

As our car approached the mall, I realized it was too big. And dumb Aaliyah being the stubborn one, made me wear heels. Again. I really hope I don't trip and fall.

Looks like I jinxed it.

What I mean is, the moment i stepped foot into the store, I tripped , and fell. AGAIN.

---------------------------------------------------------***-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey buttercups, how are ya'll? How was this chapter? please comment, vote and share!

Should it be Nathan who saves her, or someone else? Gimme some ideas too. 

Also I apologize, this chapter was more of a filler, but hey at least you got a small tiny insight into Aaliyah's 

Oh and just so you know, the sentences written with quotations and italics are by dumb Aaliyah and the ones simply in quotations are by smart Aaliyah.

Thanks for reading guys!