Chapter 8

~ Aaliyah's P

~ Aaliyah's P.O.V. ~

After a lot of teasing and bickering over whether Nathaniel was jealous or not, we finally reached Burger king. 

"So, here's our stop, where I repent the crime I made. Order away malady!" Nathaniel spoke and bowed down with a goofy grin on his face 

Nathaniel is being sweet to me so far, other than the fact that he literally dragged me out of the mall and into his car just because he didn't like it when a group of guys stared at me. It is now that I regret giving him the rejection hotline number, instead of my own. How would he feel when he hears what they have to say? As far as I know him, which is not much, he would not take it too well. I took a pretty hasty decision, and now it is my turn to feel contrite. All I can do is, hope for the best.

'Oh come on, don't cry over spilt milk.'

Excuse me? you were the one who gave me the idea!

'Your point?'

Oh god.

I am beyond furious at smart  Aaliyah at the moment. She was the one who gave me the 'smart' idea, and she was supposed to support me and not switch sides like switching clothes. 

I looked over to Nathaniel arguing with the cashier about which four burgers we had ordered and which four he printed on the bill. He still looked collected even when the little elderly cashier called him a 'rude fuck'. I decided that I should tell him about me giving him the rejection hotline instead of my own number, whatever be the outcome. He would be pissed, that's for sure.

Nathaniel was done reasoning with the cashier and must have noticed my weird, constipated expressions, to which he responded with a weird face.

"What happened? Why such a bad face? Something stinking? Oh no. Do I smell bad?" He asked in a rush.

"What? No."

"Okay, if you say so." He replied. His looks said otherwise. I don't think he was convinced because my expressions didn't really change, and he was glancing at me after every ten seconds.

"Nathaniel I have to tell you something."

"I knew something was wrong. You see, this shirt of mine, is really old  and I don't think I actually washed it befo -"

"Huh?"

"-re coming on this trip an-"

"Nathaniel what are you blabbering?"

"-d I apologize if the smell is too bad, I'll bu-"

"NATHANIEL SHUT UP." He silenced his ramble at that.

"Your shirt is not stinking, it's just that I had to tell you something." His face looked relieved but when he actually noticed my face, his eyes held concern and anxiousness.