Chapter 6

~Aaliyah's P.O.V.~

"You wish."

"Well most girls do actually wait for my call." He said with a hand on his chin. 

"Most girls? Who said I was most girls? Pfft I'm unique" I said with a pinch of sass, and he then looked at me like he was trying to figure something out.

"You sure are something else Aaliyah." He said under his breath and turned away, but I heard it. Something else? Sure I am! I pretended not to hear it though, it might just give me answers to the questions I haven't asked. Yet.

'Wait till he calls on the rejection hotline' Smart Aaliyah snickered. Ha! 

I'm so waiting for that moment. I mentally smirked. I followed Nathan to the racks that he wanted to show me. After looking at Nathaniel's face, I thought again. I think I smirked, but just not mentally.

"Why do you look like you're going to practice a Satanic ritual on me?"

'If falling in love is a Satanic ritual, then I could practice it a hundred times on you Nathaniel'

'Gosh love-struck woman, would you shut it with your cheesy stuff for a while? We do not want a repeat of last time'

"What? Satanic ritual? Me? Pfft no." I played in the clear.

"Well you sure don't look too innocent at the moment"

'If only he knew, tsk tsk tsk. He won't even have the most vaguest of ideas of what's about to happen'

"It's obvious that you're stressed, is there aything I can do?" and with that, I walked off to the racks, with a trace of a smile playing on my lips, thinking about the deal I had just made with the devil.

His girlfriend? What would it be like to be his girlfriend? He sure does look like a popular guy, and he has the looks, and is also smart, intelligent, and literally the whole package! But that kind of a thinking is too... desperate maybe. My mother always wishes for me to love someone who has the thoughts of long term relationships and the willingness to protect their partner. And obviously I didn't listen to her and ended up getting hurt. I shouldn't really dwell on the past, what's done is done anyway, there's absolutely no use crying over split milk. Yet, I am not too keen on this ... whatever we were going to have after a year. I just accepted the deal and I already regret doing it.

My desperation to get into that college has actually clouded any traces of rational thinking that I had.

'What if you actually fall in love with him?'

I won't. I refuse to. It's going to be another relationship that would end as fast as it started. It won't be a long-term relationship. Don't you see? He looks like a playboy! 

'Maybe he isn't what you think'

 Maybe he is.

~Narrator's P.O.V~

 Little did Aaliyah know, that he isn't at all what she thinks. Aaliyah doesn't know about how he was bullied, how much stronger he has become. He isn't just any playboy, he respects other's feelings because he knows how it feels to be abandoned, hurt, disrespected, and bullied. He'd never do that to someone. Aaliyah isn't aware that what he feels for her isn't something simple. It's complicated. Very complicated. Well, what's love without complications? 

Love is a force of  nature. However much we may want to, we can not command, demand, or take away love, any more than we can command the moon and the stars and the wind and the rain to come and go according to our whims. Love is bigger than you are. You can invite love, but you cannot dictate how, when, and where love expresses itself. You can choose to surrender to love or not, but in the end, love strikes like lightning: unpredictable and irrefutable. You can even find yourself loving people you don't like at all. Love does not come with conditions, stipulations, addenda, or codes. Like the sun, love radiates independently of our fears and desires.