Chapter 9

A/N: Just read the authors note at the end of this chapter, it's kinda important haha

~Aaliyah's P.O.V.~

Did he just say that he would call me?!

'Yes hon. Now YOU gotta repent the crime YOU and your 'smart' side committed.'

Well, now what?

'What do you mean by "now what"? Just chill! If he calls you up, I mean the hotline, he'll know you're not interested. I hope you know that to get into your dream college, you have to sacrifice something or the other. Small sacrifices bring big fruits. So forget about it, enjoy the trip, and focus.'

What you're saying is correct, but the guilt will surely eat me up. Plus, I think I am interested.

'Go ask your mom if she took Mrs. Scott's number. Maybe then you can talk to Nathan?'

Oh my gosh you're brilliant !

'Hmph'

Oh you shut up, you're the one who got me into this mess.

Mess.

There's the word again. Mess. Isn't that pretty much all I am now? A mess! I don't usually have depressing thoughts, but it still doesn't change the fact that I'm not a mess. And it's not just me who thinks so, my mom thinks so too.

'It's for your best. She says that just so you can realize that you're going in the wrong direction. The path that you're taking will surely ruin your life.'

Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. My mom is another story, but looking upon my cladded walls, with racks of my trophies and medals hung on nails, I wonder how life would have been if I wasn't such a mess. You see what I have done to my life? You're probably confused as to what I'm talking about. But picture this ~

"Bye mom!" 

"Bye honey, I love you! All the best for your results!"

"Thanks mom, see ya!"

You walk into the gates of the school, you are immediately greeted by your friends, classmates, and other people who you don't know just smile at you, and you walk into the class like you're walking on the red carpet because everyone just wants to talk to you,  be friends with you, hang out with you, and some just find  excuses to know you better. You walk with a big smile on your face trying to attend to everyone, and waves of euphoria hit you like tides on a beach. You just  feel enthusiastic and excited about everything, because that's just who you are. 

Your teacher walks in, greets the class, and starts handing over papers. 

"(your name), as usual, you have scored the highest, which is a hundred percent. Congratulations!"

This goes on for the next two lessons, you get congratulated, and you go to the cafeteria to have lunch. You are bombarded with questions, greetings, you get congratulated, and again, you're on the top of the world.