Chats

Jeff's POV:

I wake up in the strangest postition. I am on the floor, lying on my stomach, with my legs and arms sprawled. I look up to see the television playing America's Funniest Home Videos. As a girl falls flat on her face, I hear a laugh. I turn my head to see Jane. Ugh. Out of all the people in this world, it has to be her.

"Jane," I say. She stops laughing, and she turns her head to look at me.

"Finally awake?" She says.

"Shut up."

"Make me."

I try to get up, but pain shoots through my arm, causing me to hit the floor. My back feels sore.

"I found you on the floor in your room," she says as bluntly as possible.

"What? Why was I on the floor?" I ask.

"I don't really know. I heard a loud noise, so I checked your room, since Ben was on the roof and ____ was outside. "

"Is she still out there?"

"Ben went to go get her. You called for her, remember?"

"I... I called for her? I don't remember calling for her..."

"You were talking in your sleep then."

"When are they getting back?"

As if on cue, ____ comes storming in, with tears flowing down her cheeks. She looks pissed.

"____... What's wrong?" Jane says as sweetly as possible.

"Ben's a huge jerk. That's what's wrong," she says in a low voice. She stomps up to her room, and Jane follows.

"Wait! I need... help... Ugh," I groan. I push myself up by my arms. Pain shoots through me like lightning. I yelp and fall back down. I then hear a slam of a door, and footsteps. Then I hear Ben's pathetic whine.

"Jeeeeeeff!" he yells.

"Ben! Help me up!"

"No!"

"C'mon! Please?"

"Nooo."

"And why the hell not?"

"Because."

"Give me a logical explanation."

"I don't want to." Then he ran up the stairs.

I have such great friends.

I push myself up again, and I try to ignore the pain that shocks my body. I eventually stand up, and I slowly and painfully walk to the steps. I look up in disappointment. The staircase felt higher than usual.

I take a deep breath, and I slowly move my leg upwards. The agonizing pain is just too much. I can't do it. I then feel a cold chill run up my spine, and a light voice clouds my head.

Great. Just what I needed.
"Do you need help Jeffrey?" Lily whispers in her annoying ghost voice.

"No, I'm fine thanks. I don't need your stupid help," I snap. I can't take her anymore!
"I just want to help~"

"Did you hear what I just said? I said, 'NO.'"
"Aw, Jeffrey. Why are you being such a meanie?"

"Stop freaking calling me that!"
"Why?"

"I hate you. Why do you have to terrorize ME all the time?! Why not Jane?!"
"Jane wasn't the one that controlled my life."

"What are you talking about?"
"You're so inconsiderate to other people! When I was alive, you used to control my life! You were telling me where to go, who to talk to, and what to wear! I was the one that burnt the mansion Jeff. I broke up with you so that you would stop controlling my life, and for you to stop constantly worrying about me! I'm done with you! I found someone else to follow and love, so you don't have to think about my stupid self anymore."

...What...?

"I didn't control you."
"Yes, you did. Now, if you'll excuse me, I want to talk to Ben."

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold the frick up. Ben? You like Ben? Out of all people, you chose Ben? Why not Masky, or Eyeless Jack?"
"I can like whoever I want. Good day." Then, Lily flew to Ben's room. A couple seconds later, I hear a high pitch scream, and glass breaking. I have to hold in a chuckle.

I carefully lean on the first couple of steps. If I can't climb them, then I guess I'll just sleep here. I close my eyes. The last thing I see is ____'s face, smiling down at me.