Making friends

-Laf's Pov-

I really hope my new roommate is ok. He got really nervous.. I wonder if something happened in his life... Herc just told me that he had recently lost his cousin to suicide.. but I don't think that's all what was going on. I left my room to go check on Alex. I knocked on his door and heard him tell me to come in. I opened the door to see him typing away on his computer.

"Did you need something Laf?" Alex asked, not even bothering to look up from the screen.

"Oh, oui mon ami. I was just wondering if you wanted to go meet up with some of me, Herc, and John's friends. It'll be good for you to know who to trust and who not to. So what do you say?" I asked. Alex stopped typing and looked at me.

"Sure why not. It could be nice to meet someone new." He says while getting up. He goes to his closet to get some clothes and I leave to give him some privacy.

About thirty minutes later Herc finally manages to get ready. We walk to a little coffee shop that had turned into the squad's hangout. As we walk into the building I see the Schuyler sisters sitting at our usual spot. We walked over and said hi.

"Hey guys!!! Oooo who's the new guy? Hi new guy!!! I'm Peggy! This is Angelica and Eliza!" She says while pointing to her sisters.

Alex smiles. "Hey. I am Alexander Hamilton. I just moved here."

"Oh cool! Where's your family from?" Angelica asks. I look over at Alex and see his hands start fidgeting.

"Unimportant... that's not exactly the best topic right now." He answers. I see Eliza with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Oh my gosh!" Eliza gasps. "You're Peter's cousin. I knew I recognized your name from somewhere! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that!!" She says.

-Alex Pov-

I look away for a second but soon return to normal.

"You didn't cause it. You don't need to apologize." I say. I know I'm never going to get away from these comments, but at least my roommates are giving me some space.

After a long while of talking and laughing, Herc looks at his phone.

"Guys we should probably get back to our dorm. It's getting pretty late." He says. We say our goodbyes and go back home.

We get to the dorm and I soon hear something against the walls. My stomach drops. I had hoped that this wouldn't happen so soon. There was no mistaking what that noise was.

A storm was coming.

Hi again!! Ok yeah storm chapters are cliché as frik but I had no other ideas. This chapter is really short. I'm not the best at this but I'm proud of it. I'll see y'all later!! Byeeee!!!

Word count: 486