The Storm

-John Pov-

I suddenly wake up to the sound of rain pounding against the walls. I get up to get something to eat when I hear whimpering coming from one of the rooms. I've never heard that before.... wait. Is that Alex?? I should go check on him. I quickly run to Alex's room and open the door. I see him curled up on his bed. He looks so helpless.. I slowly walk over and sit on his bed. He looks up at me for a second and then bolts over and hugs me. I am shocked for a second and then hug him back.

"Alex? What's wrong?" I ask him. Alex looks up at me with tear stained eyes for a second and then pulls away from the hug.

"I haven't had the..... best... experience with storms..... I grew up in Nevis...." He says. It takes me a moment but then realization hit me.

"Wait. Nevis? The place hit by a hurricane two years ago?" I ask. He nods and continues.

"My mother and father weren't married when me and my big brother, James Jr., were born. When I turned ten years old, my father left me, my mom, Rachel, and James. For the two years after that, my family suffered from debt and criticism. When I was twelve, my mother and I got really sick.... she died soon after.... when I was 17 my home was completely destroyed by the hurricane.... I then managed to get to New York and get a full paying scholarship here... and.... I met you guys. You, Herc, and Laf were my first real friends.. thanks for that by the way... John... since I met you, I've felt something..... it's similar to how I felt towards my Mother.... but still different... Laurens, I like you a lot.. I know you probably don't like me back... I don't know why anyone would like-"

I cut him off by hugging him full force. "I like you too." I whisper in his ear. He starts crying and hugs me back. There's a large clap of thunder and Alex flinches. I pull away from the hug and look him in the eyes.

"Do you want me to sleep in here tonight?" I ask. He nods and we lay down. He closes his eyes and scoots closer to me. I smile as I fall asleep with the smaller man in my arms.

-Time skip brought to you by Lams-

-Herc Pov-

I'm suddenly brought out of my dream by Lafayette violently shaking me.

"What the he-" he cuts me off by covering my mouth. He pulls me out of the bed and leads me down to Alex's room.

"Why are we going to Alex's room?" I whisper to Laf.

"You'll see." He replies. We approach the door and Laf opens it. I look in and see John and Alex asleep together. I smirk and think to myself. John is never hearing the end of this. I take a couple pictures as proof and text in a group chat I made.

(Baguette created a chat with Pants, WorkWork, Helpless, AndPeggy, smolBiGirl(my oc Carie), TurtleBoi, and TolBiGirl(my friend's oc Grace))

Baguette: Finally!!
*image attached*

WorkWork: OMG YES

Helpless: ^^^

AndPeggy: ^^^^^

TolBiGirl: wAIT WHO IS THAT GUY??

WorkWork: That's Alex. We'll introduce you and Carie to him tomorrow.

SmolBiGirl: OMG JOHN SCORED!!! Wait did they.....

Pants: no they didn't we would have heard.

Helpless: We? *wink wink*

Baguette: oh shush. You know we didn't do that.

TurtleBoi: you guys do know that I'm in this chat too. Right?

Pants: seriously Laf??

Baguette: it was out of habit be quiet!

(TurtleBoi has added NonStop to the chat)

NonStop: Laf why

Baguette: oh hey Alex

SmolBiGirl: um guys... it's 2 am. I need sleep.

Pants: yea. Well. Bye guys.

Baguette: bye

TurtleBoi: byeee

NonStop: bye

Helpless:^^^

WorkWork: ^^^

AndPeggy: ^^^

TolBiGirl: ^^^^

Laf and I go back to our room and lay down while laughing our butts off. We soon drift off into a peaceful sleep.

HIIII!!! Happy Good Friday!!!!!! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!! I decided to bring in some ocs so I did. Jsyk, Grace is like 6'3 (you'll learn how later) and Carie is 5 feet tall. And they're both Bi and they're soulmates. Soooo yeah. Have a great day guys!!!!

Word count: 726