~~TWO~~

Above^^^ Fleura's eyes! Light blue and emerald green. Pretty huh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dakota

The first thing that hits me is the pain. A searing burn in my side that sends me growling, shifting uncomfortably.

Cracking my eyes open, I make the quick realization that instead of being outside where I'm supposed to be, I'm inside someone's house.

Trying to get up, the pain shoots through me again, and my hand goes towards the source of the discomfort, and I encounter a bandage wrapped around my stomach. Whoever's home I'm in, they fixed me up as well...

I carefully sit up, inhaling deeply as the action pulls the damaged muscle. The scent that hits the back of my throat startles me, the sweet aroma saturating everything around me and hanging heavy in the air.

Blueberries, bananas...maple syrup...it smells like blueberry banana pancakes.....my favorite.

The fact that I smell another werewolf lets me know the scent isn't from food, but from the wolf themselves. A secondary scent of beef and vegetables makes my stomach rumble in hunger, but Zayev is more occupied with the other wolf...and so am I.

~smells like mate...go to them...~ He growls lowly, impatiently pacing around in my head.

~You and I both know that can't be right, our mate rejected us.~

A sharp pain stings in my chest, and I try to brush it off. I found my mate over a year ago, and she rejected us because I was a Gamma...and she'd rather have an Alpha. She rejected me because I wasn't ranked high enough for her standards.

Besides...that she wolf had a spicy scent...not at all like this one.

~our mate...I can tell. They are ours.~

As in...a second chance mate?

I groan as I pull up straight, the heavy quilt that's draped over my chest sliding down to reveal the bandage, a bit of blood leaking through it. I look around the room I'm in from my place on the couch, the wood paneled walls are dark, the cream colored carpet giving a rustic look. Wood furniture and a dark red recliner fill the small space, and besides the window there is only a clock on the wall. A lit, brick fireplace sits opposite of the couch, a large basket of firewood sitting in front of it.

I turn my attention back to the bandage, lifting the edge to try and see it. Bad idea. The action stings my skin, eliciting another growl.

"Fuck." I spit out irritably.

A light squeak comes from across the room, and I look up to see where it came from...and I'm met with an beautiful sight. Standing in the entrance is a young she-wolf, her wavy, ice blonde hair flowing down to her hips. The pale ivory skin of her face is flushed pink, making the the freckles that are sprinkled over her nose and across her cheekbones standout. Her soft, slightly rounded cheeks and plump lips make her look like a child rather than an adult...a real life cherub.

A lock of her blonde hair hides the right side of her face, leaving one eye covered. The uncovered eye is emerald in color, glittering brightly as she stares. Most of her short stature is hidden under a tan shawl, but her tiny hands play with her hair nervously under my gaze.