~~SIXTEEN~~

After having a few hours to sit and pull myself together, I got up and finished the normal routine for the day. Noah woke up around the time I finished dinner, which consisted of hot dogs and french fries...though he just got a cut up hot dog and some of the left over green beans in the fridge I heated up for him.

I had hoped Fleura would join us...but I decided to let her rest and come down when she was ready. So after we both finished with dinner, I gave Noah his bath and helped him get ready for bed...after a little convincing and a bed time story, he slept in his bed instead of with Fleura. And after I cleaned up in the kitchen, I joined my mate in our bed...a little disappointed to see she hadn't even gotten up to change into her pajamas. I just pulled her close to my chest and slept beside her, hoping that I could provide her some comfort.

Getting up this morning, I start the routine again at 8 am...part of me knowing that my mate wouldn't be feeling up to it. I had already told Jake that I would need a little time to be with Fleura and Noah while this sorts out...and he told me to take my time and that Beta Paul would cover for me in my absence.

After taking my shower and getting dressed, I head down stairs with the laundry baskets and put a load of color clothes into the washer...remembering both the teachings of my mother and Fleura's instructions for her clothes. Colors, whites, jeans, and towels are separated and washed accordingly, as are bedsheets. Colors in cold water, whites in hot water, and always pretreat stains before washing. Some of her clothes are air dry only, and others only machine dried on the low setting.

Once that is started, I go back upstairs to wake up Noah, only to find him awake and playing with a few of his toys on the floor.

"Morning little man." I call softly, and he looks up at me with a big smile.

"Daddy!" He replies, and after a moment of letting him stand up by himself, I crouch down to his level to meet him as he waddles towards me.

"How about we get us some breakfast kiddo?"

He bobs his head enthusiastically at my suggestion, making me chuckle as I reach out and scoop him up in my arms, ruffling his blonde curls as Zayev rumbles happily.

"What do you want to eat this morning?" I ask as we head out his room and down the stairs, and his brown eyes sparkle excitedly.

"Pancakes!" He says, and I chuckle.

"I think I can do pancakes, but only if you help me...you think you can do that?"

He bobs his head enthusiastically again, and I worry for a second that it will come flying off. Once we get into the kitchen I help him wash his hands before sitting him on the kitchen island, and he watches intently as I take out everything from bowls and hand mixers to the pancake mix and eggs. Looking around the kitchen, I find a few things that could definitely taste good.

"Would you like some chocolate chips in yours little man?" I ask, and he grins.

"Yeah!"

"That sounds awesome, what kind do you think mommy will like?" I continue as I show him a few ingredients I put on the counter. After a moment of looking with his lips pursed out, something Fleura does that he's already starting to imitate, he points towards a bag of brown sugar.

"That one!"

"Good choice, I think she'll love it."