~~SIX~~

Dakota

I head downstairs to answer the door, leaving my mate to explore the house. I wasn't expecting visitors this soon, so I don't have a real idea of who it is.

I reach the front door and open it, and I'm immediately engulfed in a hug.

"Dakota!!! My baby!!!"

My mothers cry of joy is easy to recognize, and I can't help but be happy to see her again. I return her embrace carefully, not wanting to crush the small she wolf in my arms. Sometimes it's hard to believe that this tiny 5'3 woman gave birth to 6'5 me..

I look behind her to see four more familiar faces:

Alpha Jacob and his mate Luna Jessica, and Beta Paul and his mate Beta Amy. They haven't changed a bit since the last time I saw them, and the two women rush up to me, assisting my mother in trapping me.

"Hey mom...Luna, Beta Amy. You do realize I'm not going anywhere this time, right?"

"You better not! I promise that if you even try to leave like that ever again I'll find you and beat the shit out of you!!!" Jessica threatens, and I can't help but feel a little nervous at my human Luna's wrath. Jacob laughs behind her, and Paul joins him.

"I'm with Jessica, you'll have to deal with us if you do that again!!" Amy adds, her tiny arms squeezing even tighter around me. The little red headed she wolf has only gotten even feistier since I saw her last.

"And I'm going to drag you back home by the ears after they're finished." Mom finishes, looking up at me with seriousness in her blue eyes.

"I promise mom, I'm not going anywhere now."

"Good. Now let me meet the girl! I want to see your second chance mate!"

I chuckle at her enthusiasm, and after the girls let me go, they proceed to giving me the puppy dog look as well.

"Sorry man, we tried to keep them away, but you know they wouldn't have lasted long." Paul chuckles nervously, and I sigh. I wanted to give Fleura some time to adjust to being here...but maybe having some friends and faces she could recognize could help her adjust quicker...

"Alright...wait in the living room...I'll get Fleura."

The girls cheer excitedly before rushing inside, Paul and Jacob shaking their heads as they follow their hyper mates. I follow after them and start towards the stairs to the second floor sitting above the washer and dryer in the wash room. I stop and turn towards the living room, locking eyes with my mother.

"Please. Fleura is shy, and nervous around new wolves, so try not to overwhelm her, okay?"

I turn back and start up the stairs, listening intently to the sound of my mates nervous heartbeat, no doubt she already heard the visitors come inside.

"Flower, can you come downstairs please?"

Her soft padding footsteps start heading down the stairs, and she meets me halfway down. Her pink floral skirt swishes around her calves, the chiffon soft against her skin. Her brown fitted tank top matches it perfectly, and the beaded belt hangs slanted over her hips.

"Dakota? Who's here?" She whispers softly, her fingers combing through her blonde hair nervously. I grab her hand and tuck the pale locks behind her ear with the rest that's held back by her braided leather headband.

"My Mom is here. As well as Alpha Jacob and his mate Luna Jessica, and the Betas Paul and Amy. They all wanted to see me...and meet you."

She nibbles on her bottom lip, which has become very distracting habit to me.

"Now, if you're not ready to meet all of them yet, I understand. We can meet them another time if you like...there's no rush."