~~TWENTY~~

Fleura

So precious...

I stare at my boys quietly after taking their picture with my phone, a smile on my face as I take in the sight of all of them sleeping soundly in the recliner. My mate snoring softly as he cradles Kova to his chest, our now two month pup clutching both my mates long braid and a handful of his shirt, drooling a bit. Noah snuggles up on his lap, still in his solar system pajamas and holding on to his stuffed turtle.

~Our boys, I love the sound of that.~ Aurora purrs happily, and I have to agree.

I quietly walk towards them, leaning down to kiss Dakota's forehead...and he immediately stops snoring.

"I know you're awake Ohpitsa, it's time to get up..." I whisper in his ear, and he opens his eyes as he smiles...those beautiful brown irises full of sleepy mischief.

"Good morning Flower." He murmurs, his free hand reaching to cup my cheek as I lean down to kiss his lips like he wants...his morning kiss a requirement before he gets up.

"Good morning, did I miss something last night?" I ask, looking down at our pups, and he chuckles.

"Kova started crying at around 6 this morning, so I got up to keep him from waking you...and Noah woke up too. I planned on staying down here until he settled, but I guess we all fell asleep down here." He whispers, and Noah stirs a little.

"Well, it's eleven thirty now, so I think it's time for everyone to wake up...except maybe Kova, he can sleep if it keeps him calm." I murmur, and he smiles as he notices my dress, the rose pink wrap dress not a normal part of my morning attire...neither is the light make up, heels, or pinned back hair.

"Well, don't you look gorgeous." He murmurs, and I blush.

"Thank you, I figured I'd dress up today." I reply as I pick up Noah and prop him on my hip, looking a little groggy as his eyes blink open.

"What's the special occasion Flower?" He asks as he stands up, and I'm completely shocked...has he forgotten what today is?

"You don't remember?" I question, and his eyes narrow in concentration, trying to figure out what I'm talking about.

"No...it's something important, isn't it?" He replies, looking a bit sheepish.

"I'd say it is." I chuckle, and Noah looks up to me as I tap him on the nose. "Can you tell daddy what mommy told you last night at bedtime?" I ask, and he smiles.

"Happy Birthday Daddy!!!" Noah exclaims, making Kova stir as Dakota's eyes widen in shock.

"Goddess, today's really the 5th of December?" He says, and I nod.

"Yes, how on earth did you forget?"

"I don't know, I guess I got consumed with the pups..." He murmurs.

"Well Birthday boy, how about you go get dressed, and then we can go out for your birthday. And since Jess agreed to look after the boys, we can have some time to ourselves..." I reply, and as he leans down to peck me on the lips, we both make a sudden discovery.

"I think before I do that, I'll change Kova's diaper first." He says with a crinkled up face, mine looking the same no doubt. Occasionally, having heightened senses is more of a bad thing than good.