~~TWELVE~~

Dakota

This must be what heaven feels like...

I think to myself as I stare at my beautiful mate, sleeping soundly with her cheek pressed against my heart as her hair spills onto my chest...her body soft and warm as she lays on top of me. Her sweet scent fills all of the air around me, making me purr in utter content as I curl a strand of her hair around my finger.

Her bold approach last night caught me off guard to say the least, her internal debate over how to ask me about mating was both surprising...and adorably sexy considering the circumstances...but now she's all mine...and I'm all hers, our mate bond is complete and we're connected in every way possible...I couldn't be any happier in this moment.

Fleura's soft sighs perk my attention, and I smile down at her face as she slowly wakes up from her dreaming...that adorable scrunched up face of hers making me chuckle as she fights against waking up.

"Flower...time to wake up baby." I murmur as I trace my thumb over her cheek, and after a moment of her face scrunching up her eyes flutter open, her sleepy expression slightly filled by confusion.

"Morning baby." I murmur.

"Dakota...you're still here? Don't you have to work?" She mumbles back, a crease forming between her narrowed brows.

"I figured after last night, I would spend the day with you...what do you say?" I reply, and her confused expression turns to one of surprise and embarrassment, her face turning red as she recalls last nights events.

"Oh..." She squeaks out, and as I chuckle at her innocent reaction she tries to escape from my reach, but I gently trap her underneath me with her back pressed to the bed.

"Don't run from me Sihu, I love seeing your adorable expressions." I whisper in her ear, unable to fight a smile as it causes her to shiver in response. Her slight gasp as I nip her ear makes her bite her bottom lip, and I growl lowly at the sight of it.

"And I especially love when you bite your lip like that...it makes me want to kiss it." I admit huskily, and her eyes widen shortly before I kiss her just as she lets her bottom lip go, her body relaxing from its tense state as she starts kissing back, both of us purring as we enjoy each other's touch...her hands tentatively sliding up my chest and behind my head, tangling in my hair.

Goddess she's perfect...

"Now that you've calmed down...what do you want to do today?" I murmur after I pull away, pressing a kiss to her neck.

"You really took today off?" She questions, and I smile.

"Mmhm...so I could spend it with you, doing whatever you want." I reply, and her soft blush makes me chuckle.

"Anything I want? Are you sure?" She questions.

"Of course, you're my mate Flower, a day of spoiling you is exactly what I want to do. I've been so busy lately that it's left you by yourself during the day...I want to change that." I explain, brushing a stray lock of her hair from her face as she shyly averts her gaze.

"So what would you like to do first?" I ask after a moment of silence, and just as she narrows her eyes in deep thought, her stomach and mine rumble noisily, and I chuckle as they make the choice for us.