~~FOUR~~

I seem to have a very elusive mate.

I had decided to wait until Fleura's lunch break to talk to her, which according to the older woman who is her boss, started ten minutes ago. After her boss, who was not so subtle about the fact she found me attractive, told me typical places where my mate spent her lunch break, I went in search.

First was the burger joint across the street, then the coffee shop, and finally was the park.

Being that I had already went to the other two, I'm pretty sure she's at the park. I spot her fairly quickly as I pull in, sitting at a covered area eating her lunch while reading. I smile and get out, keeping my eyes on her as I follow her delicious scent.

"Mind if I join you Flower?"

I murmur in her ear after reaching her, making her jump in surprise as that familiar blush stains her face a beautiful shade of red.

"Da-Dakota! You're still here?"

Her honest surprise and enthusiasm fills me with happiness, the fact that she's happy to see me and wants me to stay makes me and Zayev want to howl.

"Of course I am. Why would I leave?"

She bites her lip again, shyly averting her gaze. As much as I love her bashful reactions, I wish she didn't hide her eyes from me. I love how wide and expressive they are, practically saying exactly how she's feeling.

"I thought you had to go home...you have a pack that needs you..."

I brush her bangs out of her eyes, exposing both of their depths to me.

"Actually, there is something much more important at the moment. Would you like to go on a walk with me?"

Tilting her head in that adorable way, she looks a bit confused, and I honestly can't blame her.

"I want to talk to you about something important...please Flower?" I plead softly.

She nods, and I smile triumphantly as she throws her trash away and pulls her purse over her shoulder. As we begin walking, I notice how she keeps inching closer to me almost instinctively, only to shy away once she notices our proximity. Determined to keep her close, when she edges closer I softly grab her hand, and she jumps in surprise as I intertwine our fingers.

"Dakota?" She squeaks, a I smile down at her softly.

"You keep wandering away from me Flower, I just want to keep you close."

Her face blooms a healthy shade of crimson, and I can hear her heartbeat accelerate even faster. The sparks she's feeling are most definitely impacting her, and I have a feeling that her wolf is stirred up as well...Zayev certainly is.

"Where...where are we going?" She asks curiously, and she walks even closer to me

"Somewhere quiet, I want to talk to you where we won't be overheard by human ears."

I murmur the last part, and she nods, knowing that it was best to keep out of human earshot when talking about werewolves. After arriving to the edge of the park, where a large garden of wildflowers grow in bright and varied colors, we stop. And despite the beauty of the nature that surrounds us, I find that the most beautiful flower is the one standing beside me.

~As much as I agree with you boy, you are getting sappier by the minute.~ Zayev rumbles, and I smirk. He is right, but I don't see it as something to be ashamed of. Mates are supposed to bring out the best in each other, so if my best is a little sappy, so be it.