Protolouge

"Son of a-"

Stabbed. He was stabbed. Now, he knew this will end only two ways. One, he dies before falling in with the girl who looked like she made a face at the end of lovemaking. Two, they both fall in there. The place they're both falling in is a Cauldron. A gateway to the Boundary. He knew, the end came when she finished smelting. The time he knew he needed to listen to the Rabbit, he didn't. When the Masked Freak said he should die to him, he could. Now, the death that should have happened, has now happened.

"Ragna! Nu loves this! Aauugghhh! Deeper! Harder!"

Right, Nu. She is now spouting nonsense. The Murakumo is now going in deeper into the impalement. She was insane, he thought. But...

"Y-you know..., I hate... this l-life. Mi-might as well... go w-with you..."

All present, shocked at this. He was willing to die now.

"Ragna~~~!" Nu exclaimed.

At this, she went backwards. He was following.

"BROTHER!!!"

He knew the voice... Jin...

As they fell, the young man currently attached to Nu remembered something... a promise...

*FLASHBACK*

The same young man, now wearing a white t-shirt and shorts was currently outside. Saya and Jin were inside the church, cooking something... hopefully not Saya's, he thought. The next thought was, however, mean, yet, funny, Jin and their caretaker eating first. At this thought, he heard something... no, someone. A girl, he could tell. At this, he went running there.

Running, he heard the voice cough. At this, he went abit faster. Now he could see her. She had black, glossy hair with a purplish tinge. Her eyes, though tired, can be made out to be purple. She wore a small kimono for her size, looking like it became dirtied. A few scratches and tears, she, however, had one thing that was the most noticable on her body. A pair of glossy, feathered wings was on her back.

She looked at him. Then her eyes widened. Her body movements suggest she was worried. She then wanted to run, but she appeared to have broken her leg.

"Agh! Please, don't hurt me! I don't know why you want to kill me! Now, please, end it... I can't run... Please..."
She closed her eyes in preparation, but...
"Are you okay? You look hurt." Her eyes widened. He, help her? A half-breed?

"W-Why? Aren't I a freak of nature?"

"Huh? You mean your wings? But, they are pretty."

"N-Nani?", She blushed at this, yet was also confused.

"Your wings. They look like they need help." he said.

"Huh?"

"Here. You need help." He went over and went behind her. Grabbing her wings, he looked around for a few herbs.

"Well, your wings look okay... but Sister says to look closer. So, does your wings hurt?"

"W-Well, maybe- Ow! Okay, it hurts."

"Its okay. You need help. Come on, you can be with us." he smiled.

"O-Okay."

*Later*

"And she needs help. So, can she stay for now?" the boy asked.

"Hmmm... Well, okay! As long she helps around, she'll stay. Only after her leg heals." the Sister said.

"Yatta! Brother, we have a new playmate!" said a young girl, like the boy, she had blonde hair and green eyes. She wore a long white T-shirt that acted as a blouse.

"Brother, why did you do it yourself? I c-could have done it!" another said. He had blonde hair and green eyes also. His hair was down.

"Jin, are you sure you could have done it yourself?" asked Sister.

"Y-Yes!" Jin answered.

"U-Um, no need to barge in and take advantage..." the girl said.

"Well, are you okay now?" the boy asked.

The girl's wings were covered in bandages and her leg was wrapped in bandages. She was abit tired, but okay.

"Okay, guys, she might be hungry. Are you hungry?" Sister asked.

"N-No... I'm okay..." the girl answered.

"Well, *yawns* kids, time to sleep."

""Aaaawwwww!/okay, sister..."" both Saya and Jin answered.

*Later*

Both the girl and boy were the only ones awake. The former, was because she was uncomfortable, and the latter because he was worried for her.

"Are... you okay?" he asked.

"Y-Yes..." she answered quietly.

"... I don't believe you."

"Mmmm..... Stop asking..."

"Please... you don't have to tell me, but, still, admit your not okay... it would help abit..."

She was silent for a few minutes... before...

"I was the child between a priestess and... a monster... my... father..." she said father as if the word was forbidden.

"Huh? What's wrong with that?" he asked, prying in too much be damned.

"My clan was always against outsiders with us. Incest was how-"

"EEEEWWWWW!!!" the boy grimaced. He knew what it was, but he didn't like it. At all.

"... I know. Anyway, she had me... and they treated me as I was like a disease. Anyway... I can't go on..." she then suddenly cried, like it was too much and then...

"I'm sorry." he said, while hugging her.

"H-H-Huh!?" she asked while blushing.

"No one has to go through that... Not you, not Saya, not Sister, not Jin... anyone doing that are temes..."

At this, she just hugged him.

"C-Can you promise something to me...?" she asked.

"Um... OK." he answered.

"When we meet again, can we-we... be-become... together...?"

"Uuummm... O- okay." he said.

"By the way, I'm Akeno, Akeno Himejima."

"I'm Ragna."

*Present*

Ragna knew that would never happen now, Akeno probably forgot, or she didn't and he failed.

As they fell in, Ragna didn't know what would happen in the future of his life... across the Boundary.