Save You and Me (Part 3)

"Came here to gloat?" Lena looked up from a book. A book that Kara recognized with a pang of guilt.

"That's.. that's the book. The-" Kara's voice dwindled down from the steely glare that gave a clear message.

'I don't care'

"No, I'm not here to gloat. I'm.. I know-" Kara takes in a deep breath. Lena stands up on the other side of the cell, her anger threatening to explode. She can already hear the words 'I know how it feels'.

"Shut up! Take your fucking sympathy and guilt and get out!" Lena shouted, her eyes ablaze as she threw her hands about, as if shooing Kara off.

"It's not guilt! I just want you to talk to me, Lena" Kara pleaded, inching closer to the invisible thin boundary between the two. The thin line of good and evil.

"About what? What the hell do you want to know,Kara" she laughed bitterly, crossing her arms, her smile dropping "I'm sure your buddies have all my information at their hands. So, why don't you go to them, and take it" Lena too inched closer, as if daring her, her eyes narrowed matched with a slight smirk.

"I want to hear it from you"

"Bullshit, you just couldn't find what you were looking for" Her heart dropped as she saw in Kara's eyes she was right. She was hoping, hoping, that maybe Kara really did care.. at least a little. But, no.

"Lena.."

"Can you leave? Alright? Go in your fancy little cape Kara, yeah the glasses and ponytail don't help, and go fuck your stupid ass boyfriend and then have him look for my information." She stood, speechless. First blow, Lena knows her identity. For how long? Second blow, she sounds a bit.. jealous.. of Mon-el. Third blow, she hates her. She sounds like she truly does.

All of this doesn't stop Kara from her next move. She presses a button that she's gained access to as supergirl, the boundary is gone. There is no difference or separation. Kara, steps in closing the boundary once again behind her. Standing ever so close to the heavily breathing Lena who was quite breathless from her rant and the fact that this is the closest she's ever been to Kara.

She stubbornly keeps her eyes locked onto Kara's. Trying to memorize every feature, the slight flecks of green in her sea of blue. Her golden locks framing her face, her soft light pink lips.

"Lena?"

"What?" She snapped, realizing she's been holding her breath as she steps away.

"I'm sorry" Lena opens her mouth to protest. To tell her to stop. Stop giving her chances, stop forgiving her, stop caring for her. But, she takes a glance at her eyes, her pleading soft eyes.

"It's...fine" Lena hastily rips her gaze away from those eyes to the small cute scar on her face, swallowing her pride.

"Not your fault I'm a Luthor"

...................

The two fall back into routine, Kara stopping by every night when everyone else is asleep to talk to Lena. Kara still the same curious girl Lena met from day one, with the same laugh and faces. But, Lena has changed. She doesn't smile as easily. Kara never finds her sleeping. Always sitting against the blank wall, empty-handed and staring blankly ahead. Just then when she notices Kara, she seems to come to life. She seems to breathe.

One night, Kara presses the customary blue button, revealing the usual Lena. She notices Kara and gives a small smile, turning her attention to her as Kara takes her usual seat in front of her.

"Back so quickly?" Lena gave a knowing smirk as Kara blushed ducking her head. It was true, Kara has been visiting Lena more frequently than ever.