Fake (II)

It's just another lunch date. Just another ordinary platonic lunch date. But, in public. And as Ms. Grant insisted.. affectionate.

Kara had been prepping herself for this all day. She was barely able to focus at work, she doesn't know why she's so nervous. It's just another normal lunch date.. is what she's been telling herself for the past 3 hours.

"Oh, Kiera"
"What.. are you still doing here? Isn't it Lena's lunch break?" She looked down at her watch to see that it was indeed around the time Kara would leave in a flurry to catch Lena. But, she was for once in a very long time sitting in her office going through some work on her laptop.

"O-oh. It is? Already..?" Kara anxiously looked at the time on her laptop. It was.

"Why are you nervous? You've done this, come on you're wasting your lunch break chop chop" With that Ms. Grant forced Kara out of her office.

Okay

Just another normal lunch date

..............

Lena: Are you coming?
Kara: On my way! Big belly burger right?

Lena looked around. Greasy food and foods that she was never allowed to even get near as a child. Exactly what Kara loves.

Lena: Yup.

  Impulsively, Kara switched into her supergirl outfit. Alex said only for emergencies but.. it was an emergency. She was late to their first date!

"That really puts a good impression. Yup, good job Kara" Kara scolded herself as she flew through the city, knowing her way to her favorite greasy spot.

  Finally she spotted it, she landed swiftly in an alley beside it changing out of her suit. Opening her phone camera she fixed up her hair that's now in a flurry of a mess. Once she was satisfied she went to put her phone away before receiving a chain of messages from Ms. Grant.

Cat 🐱: Kara!! Do NOT mess up the first date already
Kara: I didn't!
Cat 🐱: Oh is that so? Check the news, I told you the media will be watching

Kara squinted in brace, looking for recent articles related to Lena Luthor.

Lena Luthor out on a date?
The young multi-billionaire and CEO of L-Corp is surprisingly seeming to be waiting for a date in a low class and casual place called Belly Burger. An interesting choice, knowing Lena's organic and healthy choices in food but a new and exciting side to see of her. Just like this new dating side of her, where we haven't heard of any love interests since Jack (who had recently passed away). So of course many are intrigued by who this new potential partner is.
(posted an hour ago)

Kara: seems normal to me?
Cat 🐱: refresh the page!

With a shaking finger, Kara refreshed the page and a whole influx of articles showed up.

Lena Luthor Stood Up?

Lena Luthor.. Alone

Will the Young Luthor EVER find love?

Lena Luthor Sitting Alone and Defeated

Cat 🐱: fix. It.