Home Nurse

"Here's your soup"

"I could've made it myself K-" Kara glared at her intensely.

"Thank you" Lena grumbled as she sat up.

"Say ah" Kara sat beside her with a spoonful of soup.

"Kara I'm not going-"

"Ahhhh"

"This is ridiculous, I'm not a baby"

"Ahhhhhh" Kara nudged open Lena's mouth, forcing the spoon inside.

"You can't treat me like a baby forever.. I'm going back to work tomorrow anyway" Lena firmly stated, pulling out her laptop.

"No, you're not. You heard what the doctor said, you need to relax and electronics strain your eyes" Kara plucked her laptop out of her hands.

"For how long?"

"Until you get better"

"I'm better" Kara scoffed, rolling her eyes. She has never seen anyone so eager to get back to work in her life.

.......

"Uhh.. Ms. Danvers?"

"Yes Jess? Is everything ok?" Kara was currently at work revising a paper.

"Yeah everything's fine it's just.. you said Ms. Luther is ill?"

"Yup.. Wh- is she there?" Kara's tone resembled a mother's.

"Yes she's in her office.." Jess faded away wincing as she heard Kara take a deep slow breath on the other end.

"I'll be there in a minute" Kara gently put the phone down, fuming.

Kara wasted no time in arriving to Lena's office. Knocking sharply on the door.

"I told you we were to negotiate the deal later I have other matters on my-"

"Actually you don't" Kara marched into the room.

"Oh, Kara-" Lena gave a wary smile.
"Hey"

"Hi, um.. why are you here? What is this?" Kara gestured to the regular stacks of papers that sat on Lena's desk.

"Look, I've been drinking my fluids, Jess even brought me some soup"

"That you didn't touch" Kara held the cold soup in her hands that felt quite full and heavy.

"That's... besides the point. The point is I am taking care of myself, but I do need to get work done"

"No, Lena you're sick you have a fever over 100! You're sweating right now and we need to take you home"

"Kara I'm an adult I can function with a bit of a-"

"Lena. Your heart rate is higher than usual, you have goosebumps and you're pale...r" Lena huffed in annoyance. Yes, Kara was right but so what? This has happened before and she turned out fine

"We're going"  Kara had that look. So, reluctantly Lena gathered her things,but Kara was quick to notice the shakiness in her hands and how slow her steps were.

"Lena, how about I just fly us home"

"And what will Jess think?"

"Don't you have some.. secret exit or something"

"Kara, as much as you might think I am, I'm not Batman" Kara rolled her eyes as Lena chuckled at her.

"Just tell Jess you have a secret exit she'll believe you, Lena you're in no shape to walk"

"I don't like-"

"Flying. I know, it'll be quick and smooth" Before Lena could think too much about it they were already taking flight. Kara had her cape wrapped around Lena protectively from the cold wind, smiling softly as Lena nuzzled into her neck.

"You'll be better in no time" Kara whispered, kissing her warm forehead.

........

She wasn't better in no time. She was actually worse.

"Lena don't hide the thermometer from me, just show it to me"

"No.. you're gonna get worried and fussy over me again" Lena exclaimed in her weak nasally voice.

"Show me" Lena hesitantly handed the thermometer over to Kara.

"103.. still" Kara put the thermometer away, her shoulders slouching.

"It's ok Kara, it's a virus like the doctor said. I'll be better in no time" Lena smiled beneath the covers hoping to cheer Kara up. She hated seeing Kara so worried about her. Whenever her fever went up, Kara seemed to sink down. She had even skipped training and missions from the DEO to stay with Lena. So Lena was trying to keep things hoepful...before lurching forward causing Kara to fly towards her in a millisecond, holding the bucket under her as she threw up. That was one of the pros of having supergirl with you when you're sick.

"Thanks.." Lena croaked out as she lifted her head. Up close you could really see how bad in shape she was. Her dark circles were the darkest they've ever been (and that says a lot for Lena), she was paler than usual, she had gotten thinner from her appetite loss. She was either sweating or covered in goosebumps or both. Her lips were cracked and her hair was in a bunched up tangly mess.

"Of course, um, how about we get you in the tub? Maybe it'll help" Kara rubbed Lena's back soothingly, hoping to convince her. She hasn't moved from her spot on the couch for the past few days. Thankfully, Lena agreed this time.

Kara swiftly carried her to the bathroom bridle style. She let Lena rest her weight on her as she undressed her and turned on the water. Lena rest her forehead on Kara's shoulder, it was already slick with sweat from the little movement.

"Ok there we go" Kara smiled, trying to keep their moods light as she floated Lena and her down into the warm water. She sat Lena down between her legs, facing away from her. She brushed out all her tangles and soothingly scrubbed the shampoo in, smiling as Lena's head rolled back into Kara's fingers as she kneaded through her hair.

After washing out all the soap from her hair, she picked up the loofah and began to slowly scrub Lena's body. Peppering her body in kisses along the way, from her back up to her shoulder to the neck then finally reaching her lips,the two smiling against one another.

"Throw up breath" Lena pushed Kara away, but Kara persisted, covering her in soft kisses. Her forehead, eyelids, nose, chin, neck, shoulders, hands. Lena's smile grew, her bubbly laugh finally returning as Kara's kisses grew quicker and sillier.

Kara's heart was once again fluttering at the lost sound of Lena's laugh. Her heart was beating fast again, she couldn't bear the sight of Lena. Strong Lena.. bent over a toilet (sometimes not even making it). Independent Lena, unable to walk by herself and growing dizzy from just turning her head too quick. Powerful Lena brought down to her knees by a stupid virus.

But somehow, Lena still remained elegant and powerful bent over a toilet. She was fierce and persistent even at times like this. Some may say that their love pauses at times like this, seeing their partner in such a disgusting state. With snot and slobber and throw up. But, Kara's love only grew tremendously from this.

......................

I know I'm not as active anymore or active at all matter of fact. But I still enjoy writing these little snippets time to time and I hope you don't mind. I just don't have as much time as I used to. I hope you can understand and that you still continue to enjoy my writing as much as I do :) <3