Fake (I)

Lena was in the middle of her, what Kara likes to call, 'warm up' papers to start the day. She had gotten up bright and early, made her coffee, washed her face, and set out to work.

  She took a sip from her black coffee, which Kara despises with every part in her. In the midst of papers, coffee, emails, she was interrupted by a text from no other.

Kara 🐶💕
Kara: Morning Lena!

Lena smiled warmly at her phone, her typing slightly slowing down as she texted back with her other hand.

Lena: Good Morning Kara. How did you sleep?

Kara: Amazing! I had a dream about a little golden retriever puppy who came with potstickers he was so cuuuuteee! I wish you were in my dream so you could've saw him :(

Lena chuckled, shaking her head. Sometimes she truly felt that if a 5 year old were to take Kara's phone, she might not notice.

Lena: I wish I could've been there as well, sounds fun.

"Kiera, make it quick for gods sake. You've been gushing at your phone for the past 5 minutes, just tell her"

"Oh, yeah, sorry" Kara flushed pink. "It's just, she's such a punctuation do-"

"I don't care"

"Ok, yup"

Lena: Just ask me already, I'm dying here.

"Wow.. did you see that she already kn-"

"Yes Kara! I'm. Right. Here. I can see the texts I get it she's amazing! Just ask her"

"Ok ok!"

Kara: Ruined my surprise
Kara: How'd you know

Lena: *?
Lena: Whenever you hesitate on text, you type it then retype then over and over and I can see the three bubbles appearing and reappearing.
Lena: So what is it?
Kara: Do you have time to stop by CatCo. Ms. Grant wants to talk to us about something, she hasn't even told me yet.
Lena: I'll be there in 10 minutes
Kara: No, no it's not that urgent
Lena: Be there in 10!

"She literally comes running to you" Cat rolled her eyes as she took a sip from her matcha latte.

.........

"Lena!" Kara sprung up from the couch at the sight of Lena. There she walked as if she owned the company herself, with every step from those high heels and bold legs she would turn heads. Something twisted in Kara as men, and women, turned heads quick enough to snap their necks just to get a glimpse of Lena as they hungrily looked her up and down.

"Kara" A feeling of warmth blossomed in Kara at how soft Lena pronounced the 'K' in her name, walking towards her with a bright smile and opened arms. Kara gladly developed herself into those arms, taking in the scent of Lena's expensive perfume. She glared at James who walked by with his eyes somewhere they shouldn't be on Lena. He met her eyes and scurried off.

"Ahem"

"Oh, sorry, Ms.-"

"Luthor, I'm aware. Sit, please" Ms. Grant shook Lena's hand then gestured at the two empty seats in front of her desk.
.......

"It's only a minimum of two weeks, just some dates around outside, hand holding, kisses, mushy stuff enough to get the press onto it"  The door was shut closed, this was not to be heard by others.

"May I ask why again?" Lena asked.

"To gain publicity. Lena you came out as bisexual years ago but it was quickly brushed off since you were in a straight relationship, nobody talks about it and it was hushed down. Correct?"

"Yes.."

"Well this can bring attention to your sexuality. The amount of praise you will get I mean we are in a new era,  a bisexual female CEO at the top of the game, it's practically- no it IS unheard of and I guarantee it will reach the papers headlines" Lena leaned back in her chair, she was obviously thinking it out and weighing the pros and cons. As Lena sat in pondering, Cat faced Kara.
"Kara, this will gain publicity for both you and the company and I'm your boss"

"Lena?" Cat and Kara looked at her expectantly.

"As long as Kara consents, I'm in" Lena shrugged, she was trying to play it off as if it was nothing. Kara's heartbeat sped up, she thanked Rao that Lena didn't have powers, this is happening. Lena agreed.

"I'm in" Lena let go of her breath, the two glancing at one another with tight smiles.

"Ok, great. Sign these" She slid the two contracts to them.

"You made a contract?" Kara asked in amusement.

"Legal purposes"

"I get it" Lena and Ms. Grant shared a silent moment of relevance as Kara sat looking between the two.

"I don't get it"

"Just sign the contract Kiera"

*******

  If you sign this contract you're in mutual agreement to withhold a "relationship" with Lena Luthor/Kara Danvers for a minimum of two weeks. This includes but is not limited to: kissing, hand holding, cuddles, and other forms of public affection.

Print Name:___________      Date: ______
Signature:_____________     Date:______

*****

"Perfect, trust me this will only do good" Lena smiled, avoiding Kara's stare, she nodded. This will only do good.

"Uh, when do we um.. start?" Kara fidgeted slightly in her seat. Not enough to be clearly noticeable, just small little ticks.

"We can't just let it out all of the sudden. Gradually from this point on you need to frequent your amount of dates with one another. Other than outside Lena's office, yes Kara I notice you sneaking out during your lunch break" Kara's cheeks blotched pink, Lena only chuckled in amusement and adoration. She skipped lunch for her. Lena shook that idea out of her head, yes of course she did, we're friends.
"It needs to be in public places. Someone will eventually take a picture of an affectionate moment between the two of you" Kara's cheeks only continued to grow in the scale of red.

"Sounds like a plan" Lena shook Ms. Grant's hand on her way out.
"Kara, would you mind walking me back?"

"N-no of course not" Kara left without even asking Ms. Grant. But, she let it slide.

............

"So..." Kara laughed nervously after pressing the elevator button. Lena only looked at her out of the side of her eye expectantly.
"Are you.. like, are you ok with this?"

"It doesn't bother me" Lena fully looked at Kara.
"If it ever bothers you Kara, we will end it ok?"

"I'm sure it wo-"

"Kara, promise? You have to let me know ok?"

"Ok" Kara responded after seeing how serious Lena was about this.

"I'll see you soon" Lena smiled at Kara, leaving the elevator. Kara watched her go for a bit before pressing the elevator button, the doors closing.

••••••••••••••
Gonna split this into parts, tell me what you guys think of it so far?
Anything you wanna see happen that I can possibly include?