Domestic Acts {Act I}

"I don't wanna go to sleep! No!" With an aggravated sigh,Lena stood up from her desk, closing the door and sluggishly returning to her dull paperwork.

  She had just recently created an office for at home in order to spend more time with her family. She was already regretting it as the screams only increased in volume from the hall, interfering with her concentration.

Just as Lena finally began to get back into the rhythm (check,check,sign..) Kara swung the door open with a baby wailing for food at her waist and a toddler gripping her leg refusing to sleep. The explosion of noise from the doorway, already beginning to tick off the usually calm Lena.

"Lexie wants to be tucked in" Kara grunted, hushing the wailing children.

"Can you tuck her in? I'm busy" Lena gestured, frustrated, to the pile of paperwork covering her desk. She was just in the middle of reviewing an important contract and she couldn't even finish that without being interrupted. Throughout the day this occurred, kids this kids that, here's food, kids are hungry, can you end that call Klark is sleeping.

"No, she wants to be tucked in by her mom"

"You're her mom too?" Lena replied, returning her attention back to the contract.

"No.." Kara placed her hand on the contract, setting another tick off inside Lena.
"I'm her mommy, you're the mom. Go tuck her in, she always likes to see you before she goes to bed and they haven't seen you all week"

"Alright. Come on, Lexie" Lena smiled brightly at Lexie, avoiding Kara's pointed look as she carried her to bed.

.............

"Hey.." Kara slipped into the kitchen where Lena was currently pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Hi" Lena dryly replied,facing away from her.

"Whatcha doing.."

"Getting myself coffee"

"Long night ahead?" Kara asked, an influx of memories rushing of when Kara used to stay up with Lena before they had kids, exchanging stories and getting a bit distracted from work at times.

"Yeah"

"Can't you just skip one night"

"No, definitely not"

"Of course you can't" Kara muttered passively under her breath.

"What does that mean?" Lena turned around, raising an eyebrow.

"It means, you always can never 'skip one night'. But, before we had kids you did"

"And? I'm dealing with a lot right now at work" And Lena could prove it, and Lena knows that Kara knows. She has dark circles from staying up for nights to prove it, she has paperwork and notes and reminders written and post-its that were lost and forgotten.

"Yes, but don't you wanna spend time with the ki-" Lena rolled her eyes. The kids. Kids,kids,kids.
"What? Lena? What? You don't want kids anymore? You haven't been doing anything with them for the past week. Klark is still in the stages of recognizing faces, he might not recognize you as his mom" Kara began to yell, though maintaining a whisper since she had just gotten the kids to sleep.

"Kara, you've got to be kidding me. Take the kids to school,bring the kids from school, help Lexie with her homework, do this, go here, do that. I can't even finish a stack of papers like I used to. I used to be able to get through five stacks by the time it was noon" Lena fired back. All that rage, all that annoyance from the past week was beginning to bubble over.

"I'm trying the best I can Kara, you're the one who's unemployed"

"Oh, oh, saving the city isn't enough? Is it?"

"I'm talking about Kara" It was a low blow. Lena knows how much it pissed Kara off when she separated Kara and Supergirl.

"Don't even-"

"Kara was an A-List reporter, and a friend, and a girlfriend and a wife. Supergirl is a hero. You need to separate the wife and mother from the hero. Being a hero isn't a job, it's a responsibility"

"You don't have a slither of a clue of what being a hero is like. It's one person, Lena. You married Kara Zor-el"

"Well, I do have a clue of having a responsibility. Kara, I make millions from just being a Luthor, do you know much money I get every hour just for my name? And I'm a CEO. If I wanted to just lie around all day and be a mom, I could, but I don't. And your responsibility isn't bringing any money to the table" Lena dragged every word, making sure she made each one stick to Kara.

"I just had a child, Lena, don't be a dick" Kara retorted.
"I'm a goddamn superhero and a mother"

"Look.." Lena rubbed her face, exhaustion was already taking a toll on her. She needed that coffee, fast.
"I get it. If you don't wanna work, okay. You can wait till the kids get older. But criticizing me, is not going to work" Before, Kara could respond, Lena held up a hand silencing her. It was time for the CEO voice, her posture straightening and features evening out.

"L-Corp is currently in second place for one of the most successful companies, globally. I need to step it up to first place, and nothing is getting in the way of that. I'm going to have more paperwork, more meetings, more business trips this month and you're gonna have to go with it"

"Oh, so you value your business over your family? You know, you're sounding a lot like your father" Now, that was a low blow. Regret already begin to gnaw at Kara, the hurt flickering across Lena's face for a second before resigning to her walls. Her walls were back up.

Klark began to wail.

"I think it's best I get back to working at my office"

"I think so too"

Lena took her coat and coffee, heading out the door.

Klark's wailing increased.

*********

Just a reminder that not all domestic scenes are cute.

This is so badly done, sorry I haven't been writing so I'm not used to it I guess?

Hopefully the next one is better :)