Chapter 20 // Distracted In Action

You stepped back, knees bent ready to run, but a quick shine distracted you and you turned as soon as your feet started to move. Loki's armour was hit by the light and distracted you, especially since the golden colour felt so warmly familiar. You tried to stop running, but you just kept going. Unable to look away, you tripped over a metal rod and was caught by one of the guys - the one you were going to capture and restrain from doing more damage.

He had a firm grip on your arm, changing it for your throat and slammed you up against the nearest wall that he ran towards. You choked out. You wondered how this Midgardian male was so strong, but the thought didn't last long as his grip around your neck tightened slowly, but quick enough for you to lose your breath.

It was too sudden, you had panicked and forgot everything, holding onto his wrist you tried to push it away. It was no use. Panic was the only thing driving you now. You couldn't breathe at all. You hit weakly against his arm, tears forming as you tried to choke onto any air you could get. Your vision started to blur and you felt horribly light headed. Your body became limp, and you weakly hit his arm once more before blacking out completely.

Loki and Natasha had just turned to you, as the man threw you to the ground. The two looked at eachother, but Loki didn't wait. He ran to the man, as his heart raced in fear of loosing you again - this time, maybe, forever. He used any tricks and skills he could to get rid of him quickly, and it worked. It wasn't long before the man was on the floor, barely breathing. Loki glared down to him, surpressing his want to murder him; for what he had done.

His eyes then shot over to you, where Natasha was checking your pulse and breathing. Loki rushed towards her, asking if you were okay. She nodded. "Irregular pulse and breathing, but she's still with us." She sighed deeply in relief. "You get her back, I can handle the rest here myself." Loki didn't nod, didnt reply, just got to one knee to pick you up. After he stood up, he ran back to the tower.

A short moment passed, and he had got you into a bed and stood by your side as someone, that he couldn't care less about, took care of you. Checking your neck, and helping you to get back to grips with everything while you slept, they cleaned any grazes and small cuts you had on your body. They then left; saying they'd be back after a while.

Natasha then came by, after the others checked up on you. "Still not woken up?" She asked, standing in the doorway. Loki nodded, not looking back to her. "Worried?" She asked, walking over and standing by him. He didn't respond. "Don't. She'll be fine, she's stronger." "I know." He said, looking down to your h/c hair, leading onto your face. He moved the few strands off your face, and sighed silently at how stupid you were to get into that position. "Well. I'll come by later, to see if she's awake. Don't stay here long." And Natasha left, shutting the door behind her.

Moments passed, the 'doctor', or whoever, had come by again and left. You slowly awoke with a groan. Your neck and head in pain. Loki stared down to your, eyes slightly widened. You furrowed your brows and looked up to him as your eyes slowly opened up properly. You croaked out a chuckled, feeling a little embarrassed, "Hello, Loki..."

"Are you laughing?" He asked sternly. Your small smile had disappeared, and you looked to him weakly: "What-?" "You could have died!" He said angrily through his teeth. "Lo-" Your face fell. His jaw clenched and you tried to speak again. "Loki, why are you so angry?" "Because I worried. If you had not survived that, was I supposed to be here alone? I thought I had lost you before, Y/N, and when I worry I have again, you look at me and laugh. Am I that much of a joke to you?" His face grew red, anger filled his eyes and they began to grow red too. Not because he was turning into his Frost Giant self, but because a tear had escaped.

You tried to sit up, hold his arm and explain, but when you did, you hurt your neck and had to lay back down. You tried to tell him from where you were, "Loki, I do not think of you as a joke, I-" He stared hard at you, you hadn't seen this since he went off on one after finding out the secret Odin had kept from him, but never was it this bad towards you.

Your heart ached as he left the room. What had you just done? Your heart slowly broke into thousands of pieces and fell, stabbing your insides. You blinked a dozen times, after feeling a lump gather in your throat, trying not to cry. Did you just lose Loki? A few tears escaped your eyes and stained your clothes. Swallowing hard, you tightly closed your eyes and hit your head against the pillow after raising it sligntly. What on Midgard were you thinking? You shouldn't have looked over to him, maybe then you wouldn't be here; without him by your side.

You heard running down the corridor, you hoped for him to be running back to you, but it wasn't. You knew. And you were right, it was Natasha. She saw your tears and wiped your face in a hurry, asking what had just happened; explaing that she saw Loki walk out of here angrily.