Chapter 66 // Nusa Dua

"What was this place called again?" You asked, looking out to the crystal clear blue sea. "Bali, Nusa Dua beach; wonderfully quiet here, do you not think so?" You smiled with a nod. Your hand tightened for a moment around his, you felt like one of those couples out of the many romantic movies you had watched while on Midgard.

As the two of you left footprints in the, gold washed, white sand, the warm breeze almost made you emotional. This. This was everything. After a while, you both sat down, a safe distance from the waves, and were almost cuddling into eachother. Peacefully perfect. As the waves sunk into the sand, pulling back out every so often, you looked at Loki. He was just smiling. The warm sunrise from earlier still sparkled in his eyes. You smiled, watching him look so happy.

"I see you staring at me, you know," He told you. "I know," You whispered. He looked to you, his expression relaxed. Leaving his fingers deep in the sand, his palms keeping him from falling back, he moved his head forward and kissed you sweetly. You kissed back, but felt sillily shy and giggled silently, burying your face into his neck. Doing this, you wrapped your arms around him and brought him down with you.

"This look suits you..." You ran your finger over his bare chest, chuckling to yourself at his strangely dark black shorts. "You chuckle tells me you're joking," You heard the smile in his voice. "I would never, just your shorts look oddly darker than black; if that makes sense." "It does, don't worry, dear," He whispered, moving the finger on your waist in circles. As the corners of your lips curled up, you moved your head up, on part of his chest, to look at him. "You like that, don't you?" He asked, grinning. You didn't reply, only smiled wider, looking back down.

Wrapping your legs around on of his, you looked along the horizon line, looking at the sky. "Beauty exists in so many forms, yet this is truely breathtaking," Loki thought out loud, "... but not as breathtaking as you." His words warmed you and you cuddled shyly further to one side of his body

Moments passed, and the two of you floated around in the water. "What do Midgardians find so amusing about this?" Loki wondered out loud. "It's relaxing," You smiled, watching him stare down at himself curiously. He hummed, and the two of you turned away hearing giggling and splashing.

Two parents with their two kids, although the parents stayed closer to the more shallow water, the children swam out slightly so their small bodies were floating in the water as they hit their arms around. They did, unfortunately, remind you of something else, but you pushed it aside.

You looked back to Loki, wanting to tell them how sweet they looked, but as soon as you did, his arm went swinging down into the sea. As it went over the both of you, you laughed and copied; showing him how it looked in a fun way. You moved back, ready to hit him with arms full of water but you saw him running at you with a grin. Running in the water was hard, but you still tried. The fact that you were laughing though, gave Loki the advantage. He lunged over to you, his arms around you and fell into sea.

You screamed a laugh, arms around his neck and legs around his waist, while he hugged you. Sitting at the bottom of the water, your shoulders and heads were the only thing above. You felt silly, but in a good way, so hugging him, you smiled widely; looking at the children still playing around.

A long moment after, you both walked to where you were staying; from a long walk through the trees in only your swimming clothes. You were a few steps ahead, talking to him loudly about how wonderful this place was and you both had only been there a day and a half.

Loki looked at the back of your head, smiling to himself, ignoring his painfully happy and warm chest; answering in small amounts. He didn't know why he was worried that he was loosing you to Steve Rogers, but he knew you were worth going that extra step to ensure that you were his. Only his. Maybe he was late realising all that you meant to him, to this level, but at least he did. He knew he was going to treasure you for the many centuries you'll spend together.

As soon as the two of you reached your room, you stared out of the window. The view was amazing, but even better sharing it with Loki. This felt like such a huge change, but you wouldn't swap it for anything.

*Important Authors Note: I've never been to Indonesia, so I am using google to help me out. The reason why I am using it, even though I've never been, is because I know a couple that went there and photos were stunning and, along side many other reasons, has since become my #1 place to visit ASAP; along side Ireland. If there is, however, anything wrong, I apologise and would appreciate it if you looked passed it. Thank youu :)