Chapter 6: A Star

I see a humorously large amount of people misspell Aidan's name in reviews. I also have a humorously large amount of people asking where Ash is, if, indeed, he's alive. All I can say is to chill and go with the flow of the story. Oh, and enjoy Chapter 6!

Chapter 6

A Star

"You just gonna stay at his side?" Rocky asked, his voice coming out from one of the few rooms that were relatively untouched within the Pokémon Center. Bonnie looked towards it, adjusting her bag on her shoulder while she did so. Serena and Tau had seemed to have already left the Center for the helicopter, with even Aidan having long since departed, himself. Bonnie, however, was waiting for her own new companion to finish speaking with his friend.

"For now," Bethany stated, leaning back upon the chair that she was seated in. Bonnie poked her head in, watching the trio of friends that was taking up the room. Rocky was leaning against the wall lightly, observing the breathing of Christopher as Bethany watched over her husband. "I'm surprised to see you so proactive."

"We have to do something," Rocky grunted out, now shoving his hands into his pockets. "Seamus is...well, we don't know, and with you two out of commission, I have to keep active."

"You never were content with sitting still like the rest of us," the turquoise-haired woman sighed out, though to Bonnie's ears, it sounded like a sigh of acceptance. She tipped her head back, taking in the ceiling that was still surprisingly intact. Sounds of the Performer girls and the people of Nova Town working outside those walls continued on as the two sat in silence. Bonnie thought about interrupting, but it seemed like such a quiet moment between friends that she didn't want to. Instead, she looked to Dedenne and smiled at him, petting him softly.

"This isn't about that. It's for Chris...and Astrid," Rocky breathed out. Bonnie looked at Dedenne in surprise. She had always suspected it about the Nova Town native, but to hear him admit something about the blonde-haired woman still came as a near shock. She was so used to people dragging their heels when it came to their feelings, positive or negative. Though, on further thought, she realized it had been nine years since the two had first met.

"Hm...I understand," Bethany spoke, now folding her hands upon her lap. Another moment of silence passed between them, and Rocky blew outwards. He chuckled a bit and stepped forward, slapping a hand to his female friend's shoulder.

"Don't worry about a thing. Bonnie and me, we'll clean up," he insisted, taking his free hand and thumping himself upon his chest with a smirk. Even though he couldn't see her, Bonnie yet nodded with triumph, letting Dedenne climb up to rest upon her head as Squishy dozed in her bag. "You just focus on helping Chris get better, all right?"

"You should focus on yourself, idiot," Bethany said, a small smile on her lips. Bonnie watched the two, and looked as Christopher's fingers seemed to twitch, a small grunt emitting from his mouth as he turned slightly. It was a sign he was nearly recovered in Bonnie's book.

"Please, I'm like steel. Nothing will break me! And Chris is doin' just fine; I'm sure he'll be up before I even get back. I just don't want another thing to happen like here in the meantime." Rocky lifted his fists and flexed his muscles, like he would take care of everything without a single problem. Bethany reached up and punched him on the shoulder.

"I thought you were like rock," she joked, a slight snicker escaping her lips. He swatted her away and knelt down to his best friend, hands on his hips. Bethany continued on. "You really cared for her, didn't you?"

"Maybe. Not sure she..." Rocky sighed. He cut himself off and shook his head, reaching over and brushing some of Christopher's hair away. The other man seemed to smile in amusement, even in his sleep, which Bonnie took comfort in. "That doesn't matter. I just gotta wreck 'em. For hurting her and my town...not necessarily in that order. In the meantime, Chris, you stop making Beth worry so much, you lunkhead."