Chapter 20: A Ruse

Notifications still aren't really working, but leave those reviews anyway! If you just PM'd me your review last time, it'd be appreciated if you left that one as a review on the last chapter as well. But for now, prepare yourselves for a blistering battle the likes of which you haven't seen before! It's now Chapter 20!

Chapter 20

A Ruse

"Whoa now!" Kahili shouted, barely avoiding the blow incoming for her. Alastair slashed with Aegislash, nearly slicing off some of her hair while she bent backwards. Nanu was running forward, a grin on his face, and she was forced to roll her eyes. Not that it was the only battle going on. Aerodactyl had finished transforming, calcification happening on multiple parts of its body, giving it an almost ancient look with the hard rock on its face, and black spikes protruding everywhere else, the creature growing larger in size. The light of Mega Evolution burst with a loud roar. "Steel Wing, Toucannon!"

"Toucah!" Toucannon squawked and he flashed into the sky, aiming right for Aerodactyl as his wings glowed bright, almost silver in the shining sun. Alastair took Aegislash's blade back whirling it around. Nanu jumped back, and dodged to the side while Alastair turned to keep him in view.

"Dragon Claw, Aerodactyl," Alastair said. He brandished the Pokémon on his arm outward, and it extended in length, glowing blue. Aerodactyl gave off a screech and its claws glowed a bright green before snapping its wings out, aiming right for Toucannon. Kahili scoffed, noticing how small her Pokémon was in comparison. Not that it was a problem, as she whipped her golf club out and swung it for Alastair. "Aegislash, friend, please be my eyes."

"Slash!" Aegislash called out, and the Pokémon whipped around. Kahili swung her club upwards just as Toucannon's wings and Aerodactyl's claws collided with each other in midair. The wind pulsed out, blowing away pieces of buildings and other objects, like a nearby fountain. There was a river nearby whose waters churned from the collision, and Alastair blocked Kahili's blow before kicking out, slamming her in the chest. She felt air expel from her lungs with a light "oof".

"Persian, go," Nanu said. His cat leapt towards one of the destroyed buildings, scaling it quickly before leaping for another and then another before launching himself above Aerodactyl. Once he'd gotten above the Fossil Pokémon, stars surrounded his tail and fired down in a stream of gold. Kahili skidded along the ground in time to see Nanu nail Alastair on the left side of his face. The man stumbled, but slashed out, forcing Nanu to leap back, though his shirt seemed to be cut. "I see you haven't lost your skills..."

"I already told you. You're a glutton for punishment if you want to take me on, Nanu! Sky Drop!" Aerodactyl cried out once again, snapping its wings out. The damage from that miniscule action alone broke more buildings as its large claws grabbed hold of Persian and shot up into the air. Kahili shook her head and ran right back for Alastair. Her golf club came swinging out as Alastair raised Aegislash's shield to block the strike, a ring resounding outward. Aerodactyl came plummeting down. Nanu kicked low, forcing Kahili to jump as he hit Alastair's knee.

"Foul Play!"

"Merow!" Persian called out, and just before the two grappling opponents were about to hit the ground, Persian grabbed hold of Aerodactyl and threw it downwards, forcing the Rock type to slam on to the ground, a plume of dust rising.

"Bullet Seed!" Kahili shouted. Toucannon whipped around, opening his beak. The seeds shot out like a Gatling, glowing green as they battered all along Aerodactyl's body, the enemy's Pokémon slowly getting back up with a screech. Its wings flapped out, sending a gust through the air. Kahili swung forward while Nanu punched forward. Alastair smirked, crossing sword and shield across each other. The golf club banged off of the shield while Nanu's hand hit the blade, bleeding from the strike. He seemed to like that, given that the former officer was sporting a wider grin. Alastair whipped around, forcing them back.