Chapter 14: An Ideal

This definitely hasn't been as popular as the Alola Trilogy. I kind of wonder why...Well, I hope those reviews and views and stuff start picking up as we barrel towards more intense plot! On to Chapter 14!

Chapter 14

An Ideal

Cinders passed through the air as the explosion consumed the remaining parts of the lower lab at Team Rocket's base. Dawn gripped to Piplup, the heat of the room nearly unbearable, as was the pain of bending her broken arm inward. Her eyes were practically seared shut from the heat that was in the laboratory, and she could hear Jessie, James and Meowth screaming as they hugged their Pokémon. Tears involuntarily leaked from her eyes, and she could feel Piplup's own on her skin.

"Giga Impact!" A loud roar followed, the room suddenly shuddering as something slammed into the room, bursting through the floor. There was a sudden grunt, and another command was called over the raging inferno. Dawn didn't hear it, but she figured out what it was rather quickly as the heat and blasting fires around her, and the little that remained of Team Rocket, stopped firing all over the place. She dared to open her eyes.

"Astrid!" she shouted, her croaky voice making it sound horribly distorted. Standing there, barely protected from the flames around her, was Astrid, standing tall with a Pyroar by her side, shaking its fiery mane. Out of all those there, the majestic Pokémon looked the least affected by the temperature, staring ahead at the opponents before them, pawing at the ground.

"Blonde twerpette!" Jessie, James and Meowth yelled out together, even Wobbuffet joining in. Jessie was the only one to continue on. "I thought you were chasing after the helicopters. Why are you back here?"

"Like I was going to abandon some of my friends," Astrid spat out, as though she found the concept to be absolutely absurd. Dawn clutched Piplup tighter while Astrid turned her body, lips forming into a scowl as she faced the opponents in front of them. A body dropped to the ground, smoking, and Dawn had no doubt as to who it was, the scientist's remains curdling with the acrid smell of the smoke. Her stomach churned inside. "How many more people have you been responsible for killing, Toll?"

"You are?" the gravelly voice of Toll called out, and Dawn could once more see the shadowy figures emerging from the licking flames. They looked unharmed, other than a bruise on Toll's face, like that was where Pyroar had struck earlier. Louise was next to him, Beedrill buzzing about menacingly. Neither of the two Pillars said a word, with Camerupt only walking forward slowly and silently.

"Your new enemy," Astrid snapped. "Flamethrower!"

"Fell Stinger," Louise called. Beedrill spun around, still Mega Evolved, and aimed right for Pyroar. Astrid didn't move a muscle as her Pokémon opened his maw and sent forth a jutting flame that flew right for the Pokémon. Beedrill shot into the flame, cutting against it.

"Bite it," Astrid yelled. Her body turned, giving Dawn a better profile. The happy-go-lucky Astrid that she had always known was gone, replaced with a fierce determination and pragmatism. As Beedrill approached her Pyroar, the lion's fangs were wreathed with flame and he chomped down upon it. With a tossing of his head, Beedrill was sent careening into Camerupt. Toll barely reacted, like it wasn't worth his time. "You guys, take Dawn and get out of here!"

"What are you talking about blonde twerpette!" Jessie shouted, coming to stand. James and Meowth didn't seem to have any problem disobeying, scrambling back. The second they reached her, Dawn felt her body being lifted up by James, and supported by Wobbuffet. "You're not seriously thinking of taking these two on by yourself, are you? ! They blew up the entire base on their own!"