Chapter 12:Getting To Know Them

As they continue to search for Sonia and Manic's stuff, Manic noticed that Tails is tinkering something.

Manic: Hey there,T!

Tails: T?

Manic: Short for Tails. So, what 'cha working on?

Tails: Oh! I was working on the FIAP.

Manic: (confused) FIAP?

Tails: The Fire and Ice Ability Program, I was boosting it's activation. So that if we are in trouble, the Fire and Ice Ability Program will automatically activated if we use a move or a technique.

Manic: That sounds cool.

Tails: (smirks) Oh yeah? Well, it's not just cool.... Watch this.

         Tails pressed a button on his bracelet, which turns into his arm cannon. It suddenly surrounded by freezing, cold air. He charges his Energy Ball and he shoots it on a rock. Instead of crushing the rock to bits, it freezes the rock with a thick coat of ice. Then he uses a Spin Dash, a technique that he learned from Sonic. As he increases his speed, he was surrounded by fire and he dashes towards the frozen rock. He melted the ice and destroys the rock at the same time. Tails stopped and looked at Manic, he chuckled because of the look at Manic's face. Sonia on the other hand, she was completely amazed.

Manic: Alright.... Scratch that..... CAUSE THAT.WAS.WICKED!!!!!

Sonia: Looks like you have a new tech buddy, Manic. That's definitely incredible, Tails.

Tails: Thanks. *takes out two communicators and ener-beam bracelets* Here, you guys take these communicators and ener-beam bracelets. I already gave Uncle Kaze and Uncle Darren theirs.

Manic: (takes it) You and Sonic looked pretty close to each other.

Tails: (sighs fondly) Yeah..... I met him once in the Westside Island, he save me from the bullies when we first met.

Sonia: (takes hers) Why were you were bullied?

Tails: It's because of my two-tails and my intelligence.... They even destroy my inventions for no good reason....

Manic:Whoa Dude! That's harsh!....

Tails: Yeah, I know...... Sonic is the only one who supported me with my tails and inventions. He been with me all the time and never leaves, our bond was kinda unbreakable.

Sonia:(hugs Tails) Don't worry, Tails. We'll do the same the way Sonic treated you.

Manic: Yeah, me too!

Tails: (smiles) Thanks, Sonia..... Manic.....

Sonia and Manic:(in unison, smiling back) Don't mention it!

         Then, Sonia and Manic put on the communicators and ener-beam bracelets. Sonia was completely adored hers, Knuckles sneaks up behind her and grabs her by the hips.

Knuckles: Gotcha!

Sonia: AHHH!KNUCKLES!

         Knuckles puts her down and she punches him lightly on the elbow and they laughed. Knuckles went up to Tails and they talked to each other. Sonia went up to Shadow, and she noticed that he looks quiet depressed.

Sonia: Hey, Shadow what's wrong?

Shadow: Nothing..... I'm just thinking of unimportant things.....

Sonia: (holds his hand) Shadow..... Come on, I'm your sister.You can trust me....

         Shadow eventually told her everything about what happened to Maria, his amnesia, and all the lies that he recieved from Dr.Eggman and Black Doom. She was completely upset that she hugged him.

Sonia: I'm so sorry about what happened to her.... If only I was there, I would have protect her....

Shadow: (slowly hugs her back) No.... It was fine, it was not your or my fault. Sonic told me that I must not dwell in the past and look towards the present and a better future.

          Sonia was completely surprised that Sonic was the one who told them such a wise advice. She smiled that she knows that Sonic was someone you can count on and completely trust. Manic was talking to Silver, he was completely upset about Silver's loss and he told him that everything is going to be okay. After that, they all deciced to take a break. Knuckles and Sonia were having a small chat. Sonic and Kaze were having a race. Tails, Shadow, Silver and Amy were listening to Darren's stories. Manic was practicing a few beats and Sticks was training her boomerang throwing training. Manic got bored and noticed that Sticks is tunning her skills.

Manic:(in though) Alright, this my chance to talk to her.

Manic went towards Sticks, without being noticed. Which was considered to be a bad move.

Manic: Hey-.

Sticks: (lets out a primal cry then grabs Manic at his arms twists him so the ground) TAHHHHH!!!

Manic: (yelps in pain) OW! HEY! WATCH THE ARMS, WILL YA!!!

         Sticks looks down and noticed that he is one of Sonic siblings, for some obvious reasons.

Sticks: (lets Manic go) I'm sorry. I was a bit.... jumpy.

Manic: Well, it's okay. But, I gotta admit, you sure have your gaurd up.

Sticks: (blushes) Ummm... Thanks, Sticks.

Manic: I'm Manic. So, tunning your skills I see?

Sticks: (throws her boomerang and caught it) Yeah. I can also use knunchunks, spears, bow and arrows, hand-made weapons, you name it.

Manic: Wow! That's a lot! Have you used drumsticks as a weapon?

Sticks: Ummm..... No, I haven't. Why is that?

          For an answer, Manic took a wooden drumstick and twirls it with his hands. He throws it to the right. Just like a boomerang, it returns to him and he caught it. He twirls and throws it again, but this time it hits the tree, right at the center.

Manic: Bullseye!

Sticks: Amazing! That's so cool!

Manic: Thanks,I learned it from one of our training once in order to stop Eggman.

Sticks: Whoa! Ummm.... Can you teach me how to do it?

Manic: Sure!

Sticks: Oh! *hugs him tightly* Thank you! Thank you, Manic!

Manic: (blushes, madly) Y-your welcome, Sticks.

Knuckles: (sings) Manic and Sticks are sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-.

Manic: (blushes madly,twirls and throws his drumstick at Knuckles) Shut up!

Knuckles: (gets hit by the drumstick) OW! I WAS JUST KIDDING!!!

Sticks: (blushes madly).....

         After that embarrassing moment, Manic and Sticks went on their training. It last until break time is over and everyone get to search for Sonia and Manic's rides. While they were doing that, Sonic, Sonia and Manic taught Tails, Shadow, and Silver how to use their medallions. Tails has a golden-yellow and silver disc-jockey and headphones, Shadow has a black microphone with his logo on it, and Silver has a silver and cyan base-guitar. Sonic, Sonia and Manic decided to join the fun, by summoning their own instruments.

Manic: Hey! Let's play for old past's sake!

Sonia: Yeah! That's a great idea!

Sonic: Okay! But, let them get use to their instruments first, okay?

         The two nodded and watched them play their instruments. Tails plays awesome tunes, Shadow beatboxes, and Silver plays the bass-guitar.