10 → Calm Down Girlie

Breathing heavily, Vera said, "It had to be done

Breathing heavily, Vera said, "It had to be done."

"You killed our friend! Are you shucking insane? He didn't deserve that!" Thomas shouted.

"He was going to-already is a Crank!" Vera yelled back. "He was going to kill all of you someday!"

"You're crazy. You're shucking crazy." Minho spat. "The one person who's probably going to kill us is you."

Vera inhaled sharply and turned to Teresa, who looked away.

"Trust me. You don't want a Crank on this journey." Vera said quietly.

"Why does it bloody matter?" Newt asked.

Vera laughed a little. "You're kidding, right? Did you see the Cranks back at the marketplace? Do you want your friend to become like that? He said it himself. He didn't want to become a Crank. I did him a favor. He was going to kill himself anyway."

"Murders are worse than suicides," Teresa said.

Vera didn't want to fight anymore. Fights and arguments weren't her thing.

"I'm just scared." She whispered, so quietly that she doubted anyone could hear it. "I'm just scared I'm going to become one of them.

 "I'm just scared I'm going to become one of them

The sky darkened quicker than Vera thought.

How long had they been walking?

Vera thought about suggesting them to rest, but she didn't think the Immunes would agree.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a blonde-haired person coming next to her.

"He was going to ask me, you know," Newt said. "Winston. He was going to ask me to kill him."

"He trusted you. That's why." Vera responded. "I think you should keep that in mind if you ever want to commit suicide. Ask someone you really trust."

"Wouldn't that break their heart? And affect everyone else?"

"Of course. I'm not a psychopath. But I do want everyone to be happy. Even if they want to die. I just want them to be happy. To feel safe."

"Except us."

"You guys are going to make billions of people happy. Wouldn't you like to be known as the kids who saved the world?"

"No. No, we're not bloody saving anything. WCKD. WCKD's the one who's trying to save people. Trying, and failing. Don't be a part of that."

Vera smiled her false smile. I'm not anymore."

Before Newt had a chance to respond, there was a slight rumble and Vera looked up to see that the sky had gone dark.

Squinting, Vera could see crackles of electricity running around the gray clouds.

"Storm." She mumbled. "Storm!"

Newt took that hint and yelled, "We have a lightning storm coming!"

Thomas pointed to a torn building in the distance. "There!"

And as if on cue, a strike of thunder came crashing down, narrowly missing Aris.

"Holy crap," Aris muttered, rolling on his back and standing up.

The group ran and ran until they reached the building.

There was another rumble and there was a yell. It came from Minho and quickly, Thomas and the others ran from the shelter of the building to help in.

Vera, however, stayed in the dark with Teresa, watching numbly.

What's wrong, Vera? He's just a subject after all. A voice in her head whispered.

That voice was right. Minho was just a subject. Who cares if he was died?

"You know who I am. And I know who you are. WCKD is good." Teresa mumbled before helping the struggling Immunes with Minho.

Vera looked at the ground, trying to get what Teresa said through her head.

WCKD is good.

Maybe she wasn't the only one still with WCKD.

"Minho? Minho, you still alive?" Thomas asked, gently laying the boy on the ground.

Minho shot up. "Yeah, Yeah. Nothing more than a headache."

[Random A/N here: I'm following the film version of TST so I know it doesn't make sense that he isn't injured at all, but that's the film.]

"Good that. Now let's go." Newt said, walking straight into the building.

Suddenly, there was a growl and Newt jumped back in shock.

The lights turned on to reveal dozens of Cranks chained to the wall.

"Cranks! Thomas, you lead us to a place full of Cranks? Are you okay?" Vera screamed.

"Calm down, girlie. They won't harm you." A female voice said.

A brown haired girl walked towards them, a suspicious look on her face.

"Well, not yet anyway. Want to explain?"

 Want to explain?"

Lalala, short IK. Oof.

Anyways, I'm completely obsessed with Teen Wolf atm? Like I didn't even know that I would like it. My friend was liek: "WATCH IT" so I did and wow. Just wow. I'm obsessed.

Maybe my next fanfic will be on Teen Wolf. That's just sad.

Good news! I have everything planned out! Even the ending! Finally! I'm proud of myself.

Tomorrow is Career Day for my school so I'd like to ask you: What do you want to be when you grow up?

For me, it's a psychologist or a marriage therapist :D

Thanks for reading!

< Emily >