Letters and Talks

~+16 years later: Rebellion Base+

Tika sat on her bed with a box full of letters on her lap. The box held blue letter envelopes containing letters from her mother. All of them being collected during the years she had been under her Uncles's care. Her grey eyes read over the words of her latest letter with a soft smile on her lips.

Dear Tika,

Hello as always, your Uncle Edd told me you succedded in flipping one of his strongest soldiers over yesterday during training. I'm so proud you were able to manage that task since his soldier looks like a body builder kind of guy. I've met the soldier, David, once and we chatted over a good drink back when the rebellion was still young. Ah, good memories haha.

Your brothers are getting along as always if your wondering. Just the other day they were fighting about who should get the last piece of cake. Let me tell you they weren't trying to be selfish, they actually wanted the other person to have it. I can only imagine what would happen if you were add to the mix.

As for your father, he's holding out on his work. I already told you in the past that he's a busy man and paperwork seems to love him a lot. I can only sigh and try to help him finish his work as always.

The teen rolls her eyes and giggles as she reads on. Her smile slowly comes to turn sad at the next part of her letter.

Once again, I come to this part of my letter where I apologize to you again.

Your Father and brothers do not know of your existence because of me. As you know from the past letters I've written you, I kept your birth a secret from them for the sake your safety.

You can hate me all you want, I would understand the anger you would have towards me for doing this. I will not fight for you to love me if my decision has hurt you, but please do not hate them.

Your olderest brother was the one who wished for your presence and you other older brother loves the thought so he supported the idea. Their faces just seem to light up at the thought of having a little sister.

Tika, my dear daughter, your father wanted so badly for a daughter too. He loved the idea of you coming into our life, however, as you know, war is active.

I feared you would not be safe with us so I ask your uncles to watch over you for the time being in secret.

I just wish for the best of you.

It's been sixteen years Tika. I miss you so much, but I am fine as long as you are safe. I can't wait for the day you can come home and be with us all.

Congratulations on turning 16, Happy Birthday Tika, I love you.

Love,
Your Mother

Tika sets the letter back into the blue colored envelop and lays it with the rest of them in the box. A sigh passes through her lips as she fiddles with the necklace hanging around her neck. She had gotten that necklace from her mother of her sixth birthday, it a simple carft: black string with a teardrop shape jewel hanging from it. The colors of the jewel is an intertwine of red and blue to her liking.

Woof!

Looking behind her, she smiles at her favorite companion. "Mom wouldn't mind if I sent her a gift, right?" She's answerd with two happy barks. "I guess you're right Seth. My dad and brothers would probably question mom where she got it from."

Her large dog whines as he lowers his head down on his owner's bed. Then Seth places his paws over his eyes at what his mistress just took from his happy barks the wrong way.