cat eyes | 0.05

I felt him stiffen as the cold metal touched his skin. I then whispered into his ear.

"You're in my tree."

~~~

"Who are you, assassin?" I asked harshly. He remained silent in my grasp. I rolled my eyes as I put more force behind my blade in warning. "I will kill you," I warned. "Tell me who you are."

He chuckled softly as he swallowed thickly under the blade. "I should've known that she'd have her own bodyguard," he struggled to say under the pressure. "And a beautiful one at that."

I paused for a moment as the comment sunk in. Really?

"How charming," I said cooly. "I'm afraid that won't work." I spun him around harshly before pinning him to the tree. A rush of air left his lips as I ran my dagger through his shirt collar, mere inches from his neck and pinned him to the bark.

He looked down with a pout. "This was my favorite shirt."

I felt my lip twitch as he wiggled around in a feeble attempt to loosen it. "You'll get over it."

It was silent for a moment as we studied each other. He was slender but well built and I could tell he was tall from the way his legs had bent under him in the restricted space. As he studied me closely, I couldn't help but be drawn to his eyes. He had golden eyes that were almost feline as he assessed his situation. They were beautiful.

His lips pulled into a smirk when he noticed me staring.

"You can call me Obi, by the way," he said, breaking the silence. "And what do they call you, little lady?"

Little Lady? My brow twitched in annoyance at the nickname.

"Not so fast, Assassin," I said, grabbing a fist full of his shirt. His smile only widened as I pulled him closer.

"Obi," he corrected.

"I don't care," I seethed. "What do you want with her?" My eyes narrowed dangerously as I looked down at him. To my surprise, and annoyance, he laughed. I felt my anger grow tenfold as I shoved him harshly against the bark. "What's so funny?"

"I didn't know the redhead was under your protection," he said, smiling despite the wince that left his lips. "I would've been more careful if I did."

I rolled my eyes. "Really? You couldn't tell?"

His cheshire grin widened as his eyes traveled me up and down. "I was too captivated by your beauty," he said, batting his eyelashes.

"Ugh," I grimaced, releasing his shirt and letting him fall back against the tree, my dagger the only thing keeping him upright.

Now what? I could kill him but Zen would likely want to question him first. Do I take him to Zen's office?

The assassin had used my distraction to his advantage. As I was piecing my thoughts together, Cat Eyes managed to remove my dagger from his shirt leaving a small tear in its wake.

"Well! It's been fun chatting with you, little lady. But I'm needed elsewhere."

"What—"

Before I could finish, he leapt from the tree, chucking my dagger in my direction as he did so. I cursed as I ducked out of its path. As soon as his feet touched the ground, he disappeared. I stood quickly, looking in all directions but it was pointless. He was gone.

"Damn," I cursed, ripping my dagger from the branch just above my head. He had aimed a little high. Whether that was for my sake, I wasn't certain. My only thought now was finding Shirayuki and Zen.