the afterparty | 0.18

"Sure thing," he said. "Come on, Red. Let's go." He soon ran off with Shirayuki trailing behind him.

Great. Now that they're gone, I have a party to crash.

~~~

Once Obi and Shirayuki were out of sight, I adjusted my cape and dusted my clothing before traveling further down the maze. Once I was a safe distance from the party, I leapt over wall and quietly made my way back to where I left Zen and the others earlier. When I arrived, everyone was silently watching the events unfold. Izana stood in front of Zen, a challenging look on his face. Next to him, Raji stood with a half empty glass of champagne. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open in shock. This can't be good.

"Speak Raji." Zen said firmly.

Raji cleared his throat immediately, laughing casually as if nothing had happened. "R-right," he said, turning his head to Izana. "Thank you kindly for the offer Prince Izana but I must politely decline." He walked a short distance before turning to face us once again. "Shirayuki certainly didn't leave the country because of me! That's nothing but a silly rumor! She merely wanted to live in another country and I wholeheartedly offered her my blessing to do so. There's no affection to speak of," he said too quickly, raising both arms and spilling what was left in the tall glass. Wow. That doesn't seem suspicious at all.

"Why are you so hesitant to see her," Izana asked, the smile returning to his face. "Surely you must care about your country's citizens."

Raji's eyes widened as sweat began to form on his brow. He cleared his throat, regaining his composure. "Ah yes of course! But here is what I have heard." With a snap of his fingers, he continued. "Zen considers Shirayuki to be his fiancé and says that they will soon be married."

Huh?

Zen's eyes widened and he immediately stilled, shocked by Raji's claim. I looked over to see that Izana's expression mirrored that of his brother. Even Kiki and Mitsuhide seemed to be thrown by Raji's words.

Suddenly, Zen stepped forward wrapping a firm hand around Raji's wrist.

"Let's have a chat, shall we?" He said darkly as he dragged the brown haired prince away. Raji voiced his complaints but followed regardless, not given a choice in the matter.

As soon as they were gone, Haruka stepped forward, his eyebrows creased in annoyance. "Is this a statement we should believe?" he asked to no one in particular. Izana stood next to him, a hand over his face pressing firmly into his temples.

"I believe I am going to vomit."

Yikes. Obi was right, this party is going downhill fast. I shared a brief nod with Mitsuhide and Kiki before we each turned towards the castle. I would personally like to give this moronic buffoon of a prince a piece of my mind.

Once inside, we turned the corner to see Zen slamming Raji's shoulder into the wall behind him. "Care to explain yourself Prince Moron?" Zen asked through gritted teeth.

"Oh, come on," he said, pushing against Zen's grip. "I had no other choice with the way the conversation was going."

"Yes. You did," Zen replied firmly, pushing against him further.

"Alright, alright. I may have exaggerated a little bit but you and I both know the core of it is the truth."

"How so?" Zen asked, his grip on Raji's shoulder slacking.