trespassers | 0.21

"Hey," Obi called, trying to wake her up. She merely groaned in her sleep. I sighed.

"Oh dear," I said raising my glass to Garack. "I think I'm gonna need another round."

~~~

"Damn," Obi said, laying an unconscious Shirayuki on the mattress. "She's completely wasted."

A small chuckle left my lips as I took a sip from the half-empty glass in my hand. "She barely even took a sip! She really can't handle her liquor..."

"Unlike you," Obi said, swiping the glass from my hand. "Isn't this your third one? Surely you're feeling it by now."

I smiled feeling the slight warmth in my cheeks. I wasn't completely sober, but I was close enough.  "I'm fine. I can handle it."

A smirk crept onto his lips as he raised a brow at me. "Aren't you supposed to be eighteen? Where did this tolerance come from?" He asked before quickly downing the rest of my glass.

"Hey!" I yelled, snatching my now empty cup from his hands. "I was drinking that."

He let out a satisfied sigh and ran the back of his hand over his mouth. "You were taking too long." I narrowed my eyes, unimpressed. "Anyway," he said, changing the subject. "What should we do with her?"

I looked to Shirayuki, lying still as a rock on the bed. She hadn't even moved since Obi put her down. "Let's let her sleep for now. I'll stay with her in case she wakes up. Or vomits" I said, my brows knitting together. "In the meantime, you go get Zen."

"The master?" Obi asked, his eyes wide. "What for?"

"What? Are you afraid he'll get mad at you for letting her drink?" I teased. His wary expression answered my question. "Fine," I sighed, "You stay here, I'll go get 'the master,'" I said, using Obi's nickname. His expression lightened and he gave me his usual grin.

"Sounds good." He pulled up a stool, sitting right next to the bed. "I'll take care of her."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I bet you will," I said under my breathe. He didn't notice as he carefully watched her sleep. "Well, I'll be on my way then."  He didn't say anything as I left, closing the door behind me.

I decided I would stop at Garack's office to let her and Ryuu know that Shirayuki was okay. When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Kiki standing there. A relieved smile lit up Garack's features when she saw me walk in.

"Ah," she said, motioning towards me, "Vela can tell you all about it!"

I immediately narrowed my eyes at her. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that Kiki was asking about Shirayuki.

Garack, you traitor.

She clearly didn't want to be on the receiving end of Kiki or Zen's wrath. Even though this was her doing...

Kiki turned to face me with a raised brow. "Vela, where is Shirayuki? Did something happen?"

I smiled, trying to ease the tension. "She's fine. The only thing she might suffer from is a headache tomorrow morning." Kiki tilted her head in confusion.

"Why would she have a headache? Is she sick?"

I shook my head. "No, only intoxicated."

Her eyes widened slightly. "Shirayuki was drinking?" 

"Not exactly," I said, sending a quick glance towards Garack. She immediately turned away, busying herself with a pile of papers on her desk. "It was a little joke. She thought it was Roka fruit."