Prologue

02/02/2014 - 2:00 am

It was the annual winter getaway party at the Washington's Lodge. Cassidy Wallace was laying down on the black leather couch in front of the fire with a book in hand, she was reading her copy of City of Bones. Her outfit consist of dark blue skinny jeans tucked under black combat boots, a white collared long sleeved shirt under a pale pink sweater. She also sported a matching white beanie that her best friend Beth is also wearing.

Beth was chilling by the fire warming her hands, as she watched her best friend read, and just passed Cassidy was her older brother Josh and his best friend Chris sitting at the kitchen island, helping themselves to the liquor. They were loudly talking and laughing about nonsense. The youngest Washington then glanced at Cassidy who's mood was a bit cloudy.

Shaking her head Beth left the warm comfort of the fireplace, and walked over to Cassidy. Snatching the book out of the blonde's hand while she was distracted. "Hey!" Cassidy exclaimed.

"Sitting here reading and moping isn't going to help." Beth said lifting her eyes at the boys before back on the blonde. With an aggravated sigh, Cassidy stood up and snatched the book out of Beth's hands, bookmarking it before moving to the island and setting it down.

Growing hungry for a snack Cassidy went to go the cabinet, but was pulled back by someone grabbing her wrist. "Hey Cass! Why don't you join ole Chris and I for a little booze?" Josh offered as he held out the bottle, obviously drunk.

"I'll settle for a sip." Cassidy grabbed the bottle and doing just that, the strong liquid left an unappetizing taste in her throat. The blonde wasn't all crazy for drinking alcohol that much. "Besides I'd much rather go for Beth's secret stash of Pringles."

Cassidy left the boys to be themselves as she opened the top cabinet, the tube of pizza flavored Pringles taunting at the 5'5" girl as it sat at the top shelf. "Fuck you Beth." She whispered as she glanced that her best friend is now staring at the kitchen window looking out of it. Looking back at the Pringles, Cassidy cleared the counter space before going to sit on it, carefully lifting herself onto her knees to and went to reach for the chips.

Unaware that Michael Munroe stepped into the room, he observed the kitchen before his eyes landed on Cassidy, well, more like her behind. With a smirk as the short girl still couldn't reach the chips, he struts over and snags them from her.

"Looking for these?" Mike asked as he opened them up and ate a few. Cassidy tried to ignore the heat in her cheeks as she hopped down from the counter.

"Thanks." She said as he handed them to her before she quickly walked off. She didn't want to stick around any longer, fearing she might embarrass herself by spewing out random science facts like the last time she was talking to Mike. Before going back to the couch, she grabbed her book and began to eat the pizza flavored chips.