Chapter I

02/02/2015 - 9:24 pm

It's been one year since Cassidy watched the horrible fate of the Washington twins. The police officially closed the case and their bodies still remained missing. Cassidy still had no clue why everyone agreed with Josh that it'd be good for them to come back. Either way, she decided to join the rest in coming back and is currently with Matt and Emily, who were now a couple. 'And my streak at being a third wheel has yet to break, yay!'

Matt held the gate open for the two girls as the three arrived at the Washington Lodge Grounds.

"Seriously, couldn't they have built the lodge, like, right where the cable car ends?" Emily complained. She did have a good point though, this was just too much walking.

"I don't think it would have been, like, as pretty, ya know?" Matt pointed out as he grabbed his and Emily's luggage. That was also a fair point.

"And where's the bellboy when you need one?!" Emily scoffed as she walked ahead.

Cassidy sighed as Matt shook his head, readjusting the shoulder straps on her backpack, she moved forward, glancing back at the jock. "Come on, Esteban."

The three continued to walk towards a bridge heading to the lodge. Emily suddenly shivered. "Brr... gettin' chills..."

"We're almost there-" Matt went to reassure but was cut off.

"No, I mean... gettin' kinda creeped out." Emily further explained.

"Oh. Yeah." Matt nodded.

"Gonna be weird seeing everyone up here again." Emily pointed out.

"You know, I still don't get why Josh thought it be a great idea to come back here." Cassidy added, "I mean sure it's some type of closure for him and for us, but is it really a good idea to be-"

She was suddenly interrupted when a figure jumped out from nowhere and scared the living daylights out of the three.

"JESUS!" Emily cried out.

"You guys!" The figure was revealed to be Mike, "you really, really should've seen your faces right there!"

"GOD DAMN YOU, MICHAEL!" Cassidy cursed as she hit his chest and scoffed as she avoided eye contact.

"Dude, I almost clocked you just now." Matt sighed as he tried to get his heart-rate back to normal.

"Michael, you're a jerk." Emily rolled her eyes.